Want To Buy 08 wrx engine internals
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 08 wrx engine internals within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Building my 08 Wrx sedan. Let me know what you can help me with....

08 wrx engine internals

Building my 08 Wrx sedan. Let me know what you can help me with.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    What exactly are you looking for? I have a ton of parts. You could probably use my Manley H-Beams, depending on what kind of power you're shooting for.

I'm shooting for 600 whp.I bought the car last september had a turbo go out at 56000 3 days after I purchased the car. Then a month later got a rod knock. Car is currently at 60112 miles and warranty was up at 60000. Subaru will not touch it???? Said previous owner had lack of oil changes. So now I'm just going to build the car. I was thinking of buying the Manley kit with j&e pistons. Needless to say how much you want for your rods? Used, condition?

I see people go back and forth about h-beam and i-beam. I'd like the strongest? I'm looking for an aftermarket oil pan as well. Found one but is extremely pricey. I read something about the brazings on the pick up tube breaking. Don't want to sink all this money into engine and have a weak link!

I prefer h beam rods. Look at a capital H and an I... What looks stronger/more stout?

I'm asking $200+ shipping for the H-Beams. They come with ARP rod bolts, installed once. I ran them on a base map with spring pressure for about 6k miles.. so they're practically brand new.

That said, I would not recommend H-Beam rods for 600+whp. People have been breaking them over 550whp. Of course if you don't even know what you're looking for, or how you're going to measure power 600whp is a lofty goal. No matter how you build it the car will not be reliable. For a WRX you're looking at sinking $20,000 easy trying to make 600whp reasonably. What kind of fuel are you planning on using to get there?

If you goal was around 500whp or less I would recommend H-Beams over I-Beams.. or X-Beams like I have. The H-Beams are considerably lighter than other options, and lighter rotating assembly means better longevity.

May be true on the reliable portion of it. Idk maybe 500 will do. I just want it to be a fun car. What's the reason your not currently running these robs?

I bought the rods to run with a FP Red 76HTA.. then I changed my mind and ended up going with a rotated GTX35r. At my power level on e85 and 27psi my builder said they would no longer warranty H-Beam rods in my build. Technically I'm right under the rated capacity for the rods, but I plan on running a larger turbo in the future with a twin scroll setup, so I decided to go ahead and upgrade to Pauter X-Beam rods while my engine is already apart.

For what it's worth, you're going to have trouble building a reliable 500whp setup as well. If you're going to run a high octane race fuel (or methanol) then you can make more power reliably.. but still, I have not seen anything I would consider reliable out of a Subaru over about 400whp. The more things you change the more goes wrong.. in my experience.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.