For Sale Racer X engineering fmic

This is a discussion on Racer X engineering fmic within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hi all, selling my Racer X Engineering front mount intercooler. I got it about 6 months ago from the vendor ...

Racer X engineering fmic

Hi all, selling my Racer X Engineering front mount intercooler. I got it about 6 months ago from the vendor himself on nasioc. Fits perfectly with all stock components. Only thing that i had to do was trim the bottom plastic tray a little for the pipes to run through. Stock airbox, stock coolant resovoirs, and ran foglights just fine. We had it on a dyno and the lag between this and a top mount was found to be 100-200 rpms, i never noticed any lag, even ran it at an autocross. Im looking for 500 shipped, i am located in south florida, a local sale would be more convenient but i dont mind shipping.

best method of contact will be directly emailing me at ryan.sheffield@hotmail.com, i do not log on here often

Here is my car with it installed:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9D986EB7-6580-4E8D-A5BD-ED218A6CF8B8-42338-00001E52286FD095.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	176.7 KB 
ID:	111332

I can provide more pictures if need be, also have the piping to fit the STI style turbo

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have one as well - great FMIC!

Racer X engineering fmic

Can you post an engine bay pic?
    I'm interested, just want to see the routing path.

Sent from my Batphone using Tapatalk
    2015 STi Launch Edition - Stock and awesome
    2013 DCP FXT - TP Stage 2 - Perrin dp - STi catback - 2011 WRX wheels

What pic's do you want? Happy to take some and post them on my build thread.

I'm not a salesman - really
    Here is a pic of the turbo intake view - note the stock BPV fits, turbo blanket/Grimmspeed heat shield, etc.

FWIW - Here are some big positives of this FMIC from my view
    * Works with stock and other aftermarket cold air intakes (I have a K&N Typhon) unlike other FMICs
    * It's on the small side for a FMIC, so it's better for a smaller turbo e.g. VF52 compared to a really big one
    * No heat soak
    * No heat soak
    * You can keep your bumper beam
    * $300+ bucks cheaper than a PW TMIC
    * Comes with extra pipe for STI style turbos (same as PW TMIC)
    * Comes with excellent t-bolts and hoses (unlike PW TMIC)
    * Designed by a real Subaru enthusiast (bryan)
    * Proven Power on stage2, E85 stock turbo cars - search for dwhite he ran a 11.7 1/4 mile with this FMIC!

Cons
    * It's a FMIC so expect some turbo spool delay on a smaller turbo vs the stock TMIC (my build thread has dyno charts and the spool is very minor in my view vs the gains)
    * It's a FMIC - you'll need to cut your bumper, dremel, etc...TMIC are less complex and you don't have to take off your bumper (seems scary but it's not too hard really).
    * Fit is tight so if you have to change your battery, injectors you'll need to remove FMIC tubes

All that said the TMIC vs FMIC is a debate that I'm not going to end

I found it interesting for a stock turbo or smaller turbo (18G, 16G) it seems that if your going to use a water injection/meth kit a FMIC seems to not be a popular choice. I *think* this is because a TMIC will gain some spool vs a FMIC and the water/meth injection will cool the air just as much as a FMIC and more. Though you/your tuner will have to live with the meth tuning/reliability complexities.

Really ask you tuner about this change vs some other FMIC, TMIC option. Since you will have to get a tune to realize any performance gain.
    Last edited by krisk; 02-18-2014 at 11:46 PM. Reason: typos!

I'm currently using a Perrin TMIC and I'm thinking of switching to this, and selling the Perrin, because I might go bigger turbo in the future. My car is currently TP Stage 3, so all I would need to do is switch out this FMIC for my current TMIC.

So...is this still available?

Still available?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk