Want To Buy 2003 long block

This is a discussion on 2003 long block within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; My 2003 bugeye spun a bearing and the local racing shop quoted me 4-5k to fix it. I don't have ...

2003 long block

My 2003 bugeye spun a bearing and the local racing shop quoted me 4-5k to fix it. I don't have that the most I can spend is 1500-2000. Let me know what you guys have please really want to get this car back up and running.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Check your local auto wrecking yards to see if they have a wrecked 02-05 wrx... Also check on nasioc classifieds to see if there are any listings... Are you planning to do the work yourself or know someone that'd be willing to help you?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Either do it myself with family and friends to help or our local shop quoted us 500 to put it in. And I've looked and best they can do is 2800 for a motor with 98k on it.

Yeah that's about the best thing anyone can suggest... Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but you really can't have a budget when replacing an engine just cause the bill climbs quickly... I was in your situation and I got quoted 1500 for a base rebuild from an independent shop here in my city and ended up paying about a little under 3500 from parts and other crap.... Good luck man and check some independent shops, see what they can do!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

Someone on NASIOC has a 2.0 long block with 70k miles for 1300. That's a good deal right?
    Last edited by jordannn1233; 01-05-2013 at 08:21 AM.

Yeah as long as its a long block including the heads and there's nothing wrong with it...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

Hopefully going to go look at it. Someone also messages me that they have a 2011 motor. What would need to be done to make that work?

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jordannn1233 View Post
    Hopefully going to go look at it.

Do a leak down test.

Quote Originally Posted by jordannn1233 View Post
    Someone also messages me that they have a 2011 motor. What would need to be done to make that work?

Everything, wiring, ECU, turbo, intercooler, etc. Unless you just wanted to use the shortblock and put your old heads on it.