For Trade Trading 02-03 WRX Seibon hood for OEM [NY]

This is a discussion on Trading 02-03 WRX Seibon hood for OEM [NY] within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; ****PICS ADDED**** This is a longshot but I am trying to trade the Seibon CF hood that came with my ...

Trading 02-03 WRX Seibon hood for OEM [NY]

****PICS ADDED****

This is a longshot but I am trying to trade the Seibon CF hood that came with my car (purchased used) for an OEM black WRX hood. It is pretty worn and there is fading on it ive been doing what I could with detailing clay and wax and it helps abit.

Anyway im located in Jamaica New York, im not a huge fan of the Seibon so im trying to find some one to trade it with, mainly because this particular hood was ment for a car with a FMIC and I have a TMIC and I plan on keeping it that way. So the STI/WRX splitters do NOT bolt on to this hood. The hood also has a CF STI sized hood scoop with NO MESH.

Pics will be posted soon, there is normal wear and a bit of damage on one or two of the corners.

If anyones interested reply or shoot me a PM, my wrx is black so im looking for an unpainted or black hood, TBH im not all that picky so let me know!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (1).jpeg 
Views:	31 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	108857

Name:	image (2).jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	108858

Name:	image (3).jpeg 
Views:	32 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	108859

Name:	image (4).jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	108860

Name:	image (5).jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	108861

Name:	image (6).jpeg 
Views:	32 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	108862

Name:	image (7).jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	108863

Name:	image (8).jpeg 
Views:	31 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	108864
    Last edited by surchk; 10-12-2012 at 09:53 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hey.. i have a blue.. with a sti scoop, i believe.. if you want to trade or want to sell it to me.. give me a call 973-583-4889.. im in newark, nj

Im considering, ill let you know, i really dont wanna drive around in a black car with a blue hood, if i had the money repaint it then we would have been good to go. Ill get some pics of the hood up tonight so you can take a look at it, and anyone else whose interested.

pics have been uploaded for anyone interested. As you can see there is significant wear. This IS my daily driver, and I can assure you the deep scratches and cracks are not from me. My car had 4 previous owners so im not sure when the hood went on. It really does need some TLC, im not too experianced with car detailing so when ever I was and wax i try to take care of the hood as best I can. Will do an even trade for a stock black wrx hood (or unpainted). If you have another color I WILL STILL CONSIDER!

just figured id bump this, Seibon cf hood still up for trades, looking for a black or unpainted hood im not in too much of a rush so thats why im looking for a these 2 specific hoods. willing to travel to some parts of pa, ct, and nj, im located in jamaica NY. in the mean time ill do what i can to keep the cf hood clean and waxed.

why won't an sti tmic splitter work on it?

Quote Originally Posted by RogerSteadman View Post
    why won't an sti tmic splitter work on it?
    I considered, I was going to get an sti splitter and keep the scoop and probably change the tmic to a sti tmic and all that good stuff. Then a Seibon rep confirmed that the scoop was for "looks" and this hood was designed with fmic application in mind so the bolt patterns for sti and wrx splitters do not fit and will not bolt on. I considered making new holes to bolt on my splitter anyway but the way its cut it does not look like everything would line up properly.

The main reason I want to trade is because I wanted to keep my car looking as stock as possible and the only mods I wanted to do was stage 2, at the most, plus im not a huge fan of carbon fiber.