For Sale/Trade IHI vf23

This is a discussion on IHI vf23 within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; As the title says, im looking to either sell off my vf23 or trade it. Since i no longer have ...

IHI vf23

As the title says, im looking to either sell off my vf23 or trade it. Since i no longer have the car and dont feel like cutting up a full race sr manfold to run a different flanges on my drift car, im looking to get rid of it. Turbo came off an 02 wrx that cracked the heads due to bad tuning. Car has been long gone since, which is about 2 years now, and the turbo has sat in my closet since. It didnt even make 300 miles. The oil inlet and drain have been sold. No shaft play and i spins butter smooth. Anyone is more than welcome to come and check it out.

Im looking to trade for a garrett gt2871r or gt2860rs or $800 + shipping/paypal fees (locals are more than welcome to come pick it up).

PICS:

Price is negotiable, but im taking a huge hit already.

heres where i got it from: IHI VF23 WRX Sti 22b Ball Bearing Turbo - Turbochargers OEM, Subaru - MTQ Sonic - Sonic Performance

Feel fee to pm me, or txt/call (815)557-4163
    Last edited by theboy; 05-06-2012 at 03:10 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bump for a Vf23,a great turbo for a 2.0

Lots of flakers, so im open to offers now, low ballers will be ignored

Dang, did you really pay 2k for this turbo? I didn't own a WRX when they first came out so I am not sure if the turbo market wasn't as big back then like it is now but 2k for that turbo seems ridiculous. That would be great if you can sell it for that $800. IIRC, those VF23's or very similar to the VF39's....GLWS!!!
    Last edited by lytlec; 05-17-2012 at 07:20 AM.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

The price has gone up since i bought it, but iirc i payed $1800ish for it. And then drove the car for a little under 300 miles, and lost all power. Did a compression test while it was still warm and found out both heads were cracked. Ended up not fixing the car, and sold it to buy a 240sx