For Sale/Trade 2011 Invidia Q300 Catback (Hatch) OEM exhaust also
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 Invidia Q300 Catback (Hatch) OEM exhaust also within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I'm possibly looking to sell or trade my Invidia Q300 catback (steel quad tip). I got it new this week ...

2011 Invidia Q300 Catback (Hatch) (No longer for sale)

I'm possibly looking to sell or trade my Invidia Q300 catback (steel quad tip). I got it new this week and it currently has less than 100 miles on it so its still essentially new. Its a little louder than I expected so I'm looking into something quieter... mainly SPT, or possibly Nameless, TurboXS maybe Cobb??? Make an offer or let me know if you're interested in a trade.

I also have the stock catback (7500 miles) which I would be willing to trade (with cash) for a SPT.

I could ship the Q300 but would prefer so sell/trade in the tri-state area.

Make an offer or let me know what semi-quiet quad tip exhaust you have.

Thanks

EDIT: Not for sale. I re-positioned it and made sure it was perfectly aligned at every gasket... and it is much quieter now, with no drone. Still louder than stock (not too much) with a nice rumble.
    Last edited by RSX-->WRX; 03-10-2012 at 10:39 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    For the record none of those are quieter than the q300, Ive had nameless and I have SPT. My q300 is quieter than both.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Were they for a hatch or sedan? I bought the q300 thinking it would be one of the quietest aftermarket exhausts...and after hearing one on a sedan. After installing it, it was significantly louder than the one I heard on a sedan. It sounds great (especially over 3k rpm) but just too loud for my tastes, since its my dd. I've had people who thought the q300 (for hatches) was too loud recommend spt and turboxs... I'll probably just have to listen in person.

I Support ClubWRX
    I own both sedan/hatch

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    I own both sedan/hatch
    Hmmm, I'll keep that in mind.

$775 for the Invidia Q300 quad-tip. Keep in mind that it is practially new (has been on the car for 5 days and cost $910). Will fit a 2011 WRX hatch or a 08+ STI hatch. Includes all hardware and gaskets.

I Support ClubWRX
    The nameless hatch is def. louder than the Q300....I have the nameless and love it.

The sedan has 2 mufflers, one per side, so it will likely be quieter than the hatch for most CBE makes.

If you want something quieter than the Q300, you will need to hear them in person. Luckily Jersey is small, and has a lot of owners, so you should be able to find someone with the setups you want to hear. You may want to look into the Borla hush....I remember reading somewhere that they are rather quiet.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    For the record none of those are quieter than the q300, Ive had nameless and I have SPT. My q300 is quieter than both.
    SPT is louder than the Q300? I thought it was quiet for some reason.. I might be looking into the SPT now. Is the SPT a significant change from stock?
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu View Post
    SPT is louder than the Q300? I thought it was quiet for some reason.. I might be looking into the SPT now. Is the SPT a significant change from stock?
    Yes. And no, it's isn't a big enough change.

Also about the comment of the hatch vs sedan. Yes a sedan has 2 mufflers but they are slightly smaller than the hatch muffler.. So keep that in mind. The hatch muffler is a big muffler

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    The nameless hatch is def. louder than the Q300....I have the nameless and love it.

The sedan has 2 mufflers, one per side, so it will likely be quieter than the hatch for most CBE makes.

If you want something quieter than the Q300, you will need to hear them in person. Luckily Jersey is small, and has a lot of owners, so you should be able to find someone with the setups you want to hear. You may want to look into the Borla hush....I remember reading somewhere that they are rather quiet.
    Thats interesting, I heard of someone going from Q300 to Nameless, and the described the sounds in terms of loudness... on a scale of 1 being stock to 10 being Invidia N1, and they said the Nameless is 3 and the Q300 was a 7. But all of this talk really means nothing I guess, best to hear in person.

I highly doubt Subaru would make an exhaust as loud as the Q300 I have. It is significantly louder than stock. I'm rechecking everything this weekend... anyone know anything that could be causing it to be louder than normal??? Everything is tourqued properly and I don't think there are any leaks. If the pipes weren't perfectly aligned could this cause it to be louder? The bolts are smaller than the holes they mount in so there is some wiggle room...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RSX-->WRX View Post
    Thats interesting, I heard of someone going from Q300 to Nameless, and the described the sounds in terms of loudness... on a scale of 1 being stock to 10 being Invidia N1, and they said the Nameless is 3 and the Q300 was a 7. But all of this talk really means nothing I guess, best to hear in person.
    I think maybe you have those backwards.....the Q300 is likely a 3 and the nameless a 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by RallySportDirect staff
    The Invidia Q300 is going to be one of the quieter exhausts we carry for the 2011 WRX hatch.
    and they carry most Invidia, the Cobb, Blitz Nur Spec, Apexi RS, and the TurboXS GT.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    Let me put it this way... The Q300 is possibly louder at WOT, maybe even at idle.. But the drone of that SPT exhaust is terrible. Inside the cabin normal cruising I cant hear the q300. I can hear the buzzing of the SPT.

I'm quite interested in this now, what price were you looking to get for the Q300? Also, with shipping to 48084 added please!
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

I'm quite interested in this now, what price were you looking to get for the Q300? Also, with shipping to 48084 added please!
    pm'd

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.