For Sale/Trade 2011 Invidia Q300 Catback (Hatch) OEM exhaust also - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 Invidia Q300 Catback (Hatch) OEM exhaust also within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Alright so I want to post my conclusion from my experience to hopefully clear up some of the mixed reviews ...

Alright so I want to post my conclusion from my experience to hopefully clear up some of the mixed reviews about the Q300. My experience and the experience that some other people have had with this exhaust on hatches has been that it can be very loud, especially at low rpm... with bad drone. The slots in the exhaust are bigger than the bolts that are used... which gives you some wiggle room. But this also means that you can bolt it up with a leak-free seal, and not have each pipe perfectly aligned. Today I realigned everything, this time making sure it was absolutely perfect. This made a huge difference. The exhaust is much quieter now with no drone. Its exactly what I expected from the start. Its still louder than stock with a nice rumble... but definitely something that you can live with as a daily driver, and that your passengers shouldn't be complaining about.

So lesson learned... if you have this exhaust and its droning or its excessively loud, it shouldn't be. Make sure each pipe aligns perfectly to the next one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have the q300 on my 09 wrx, it's so quiet to me. I thought I'm driving a hybrid car. My brother stock 2012 wrx sedan is louder than my car. No bull****.

Quote Originally Posted by RSX-->WRX View Post
    I've had people who thought the q300 (for hatches) was too loud recommend spt and turboxs... I'll probably just have to listen in person.
    scuze me? anyone who recommended a turboxs because it was quiet must be deaf as a stone. I'm currently running a spt on my '10 hatch and its pretty quiet, the turboxs I traded off of it for the spt was quite healthy with factory downpipe, and downright obnoxious once I went stageII.

Is the q300 3" all the way back? If so I might look into it. I'd like the spt quiet in a full 3" setup. I've been thinking about the cobb hatch cbe recently since I've heard one in person and liked it.. but do spend long hours in the car so I really do need a quiet exhaust.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I have the q300 with 3in invidia catless downpipe stage 2 Everyone tells me it's so quiet. When engine warms up, it's so quiet I thought the car was not even start up.

Go to YouTube and look up 09wrx exhaust noise. Turbo xs is the loudest of them all.

The N1 Race is louder but not by a whole lot. Especially after the downpipe has been changed out for stageII..

Looks like I might have to look into a Q300
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Yeah, I have the TurboXS now and it's louder than what people think. My Dad heard it and thought a helicopter was going by, but he thinks the stock exhaust is loud so.. Lol.

I've read a lot of people complaining about the Q300 and talked to some others here. If aligning was the fix then damn, should've gotten the Q300.
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

The coffee can are always the loudest. You won't even notice the exhaust noise on the highway.

The resonator the midpipe is pretty big you going have to modify the body a little with a rubber mallet. So it won't vibrate against it and then undercoat the undercarriage.

I'll trade with somebody with something louder. . Any trade? I'm in Boston.

Yorktown Heights, New York, United States
    To whoever it may concern, i had the nameless cbe on my 2011 hatch and switched over to the turbo xs.
    During both, i had the invidia dp catted.

Nameless- the exhaust during normal driving/ highway driving has NO IDLE at all. The exhaust is plainly awesome to anybody that doesnt want to spend lots of $$$$. I loved it when it was under WOT. The sound it reminded of a v8 muscle car.

Turbo xs- to anybody that thinks this exhaust is not loud....you have to go to a doctor and get them ears checked because this sh!t is LOUD under normal driving.
    Under WOT surprisingly its not obnoxious. Inside the cabin, its not as loud as the nameless.
    Idk if its something wrong with the exhaust.
    Anyways, the turbo xs is a way better exhaust cuz of LOUDNESS!!

i have a q300 for sale on my 2010 wrx hatch. if anyone is interested. there is no drone what soever. it is a quiet exhaust for being aftermarket. its practically brand new. not even 2 months on car. pm if interested. thanks

Trade you then I got the single tip q300 for the dual tip

Onlh looking to sell if ur interestes in buying it?

How much?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast