Want To Buy 03' WRX Fog Lights Any Style

This is a discussion on 03' WRX Fog Lights Any Style within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; A rock shot a bullet hole through my drivers side fog. Looking for new ones in decent condition as long ...

03' WRX Fog Lights Any Style

A rock shot a bullet hole through my drivers side fog. Looking for new ones in decent condition as long as there are no major chips and not broken.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Have you considered aftermarket like Hella or PIAA? New good-quality aftermarket lights will probably still be cheaper than used OEM, and the light output will be better. That's what I did with mine, and I sold my OEMs for a tidy profit. Just a thought.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    http://www.amazon.com/HELLA-00575098...=pd_sbs_auto_3
    Kartboy Fog Light Brackets Kartboy Fog Light Brackets [kb-010] - $40.00 : AD Motorsports, Your source for quality performance products!

Those fogs are incredible and the Kartboy brackets allow you to put them in the stock location without any additional drilling or modifying.
    Last edited by GarrettKoonsman; 02-11-2012 at 10:16 PM.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^Careful. The link above is for the driving light version of the 500s, which I agree are awesome, but I don't want to confuse the OP, who asked for foglights.

To the OP: Garrett's link is for driving lights, which are higher powered than the high beams. The fog light location isn't the best for them, but they'll still work great and look stock. They are ONLY for use when you would use your highbeams, though. They will blind oncoming traffic more than your highbeams.

Hella makes a fog light version of the 500 which is virtually identical, but has a fog beam pattern. These will function the same as the stock lights, but the output and beam spread is much better than your OEM foglights (this is coming from experience as these are the lights I have).

Amazon.com: HELLA 005750981 500FF Series 12V/55W Clear Halogen Fog Lamp Kit: Automotive

The kartboy brackets will adapt the 500 mounting bolt to the stock bolt locations (in the corners). You will need to drill out the plastic and metal bracket directly behind the light in order for the mounting stud on the 500's to clear, but it isn't difficult, and is invisible once the lights are installed.

I reused the stock wiring, so I just installed OEM connectors I picked up from the dealer to the 500's. This makes them totally plug and play into the stock wiring, no cutting required. Since they are the same wattage as stock, it's the same electrical load as your OEM lights, so no dangers over melting your wiring or anything terrible like that.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Thanks for catching that Rambo, I just quickly posted a link and didn't notice that I clicked the wrong one. OP - As Rambo said, his link is the one you want for fogs.

edit: Adjusted my link to avoid confusion.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics