Want To Buy Need 2005 engine!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need 2005 engine! within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; After a compression test today, brought on by all 4 of my cylinders misfiring i have recently discovered that after ...

Need 2005 engine!

After a compression test today, brought on by all 4 of my cylinders misfiring i have recently discovered that after 144000 miles on my 2005 wrx the engine needs replaced. I dont want to do a rebuild because that would be too time consuming for me to do and wayyyy to expensive for a tech to do after parts purchase. Any input on this reasoning is welcome. But i figure that my best chance is to buy a new motor and just swap it out. I am looking for something with reasonably low miles that comes with just about everything that i would need. I can see no turbo and things like that but id like all the parts to have low miles as well. I have a decent amount to offer and will continue to save if i dont like any offers you might give to me. I live in New York so anything closer to that would be better for the possiblilty of pickup would be greater. Plz shoot me any offers you might have.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh and to insure a quicker response plz PM me

All you'd need is a shortblock from any year really...no need to go replacing the whole engine unless you know other parts are bad.

If you wanted to upgrade to the 2.5L, you'd could just get the heads machined to flow properly and you'd have a pretty "cheap" swap and upgrade.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

If you're in this much of a hurry you might want to check out the local wrecking yards. Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market can help you find one in the area.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Do you need a short block only or a whole motor? I can get you a decent price for a EJ20 or EJ25 short block brand new from Subaru.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

KCAN13, is there a shop you are dealing with to have the engine swapped?

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleJeremy View Post
    KCAN13, is there a shop you are dealing with to have the engine swapped?

Yes there is. But i am looking for other options. Maybe a different shop, there is a place. Innovated tuning. Waiting on a quote.

Quote Originally Posted by KCAN13 View Post
    Yes there is. But i am looking for other options. Maybe a different shop, there is a place. Innovated tuning. Waiting on a quote.
    So i have a shop that is quoting me for a 2.0 roughly around 5600 and for a 2.5 7600 machined and tuned for the hybrid swap.

For brand new blocks I assume?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    For brand new blocks I assume?
    Yes brand new block and machining my heads to fit the 2.5L motor. The 2.0 would obviously just fit as usual. I just dont know if that is worth the money. **** idk if i can come up with that much

Find a used block...look on Nasioc. Will save you a few thousand.

Or Ebay....bunch on there.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Dude, I can get you a short block for just over 2,000...so if they're charging you 5k for a shortblock + install, that should save you some cash.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.