For Sale So Cal: 2011 WRX Stage 2 part-out (Perrin, AEM, H&R, SMY, ProSport, Apexi, OEM) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on So Cal: 2011 WRX Stage 2 part-out (Perrin, AEM, H&R, SMY, ProSport, Apexi, OEM) within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; What are your thoughts on that exhuast? I've been thinkin about going for the same one......

What are your thoughts on that exhuast? I've been thinkin about going for the same one...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Honestly, it's easily the best sounding exhaust I've had on any car I've owned. Part of that is just the boxer engine itself, but the Perrin cat-back really sounds fantastic. It's a little deeper and louder, but there's no drone and it's really classy. I couldn't recommend it any higher!
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

If you still have the downpipe, will it fit a 2009 WRX and can you ship to AZ?
    Zak
    Stink Eye Mob #35
    '09 WRX Hatch
    COBB Accessport: TP Stage 1 Tune
    3" COBB Single Tip Catback, COBB Shortshifter, 1/2 Bilstein Lowering Springs, Perrin Strut, Whiteline Sways, 18x7.5 Enkei Ev05

Yes, and yes.

According to Perrin it'll fit the following:

2008-2011 WRX
    2008-2011 STI

I'll try to see what shipping would cost but yes, I can ship.

I'll pm you bro, I gotta sell a few things before I can purchase
    Zak
    Stink Eye Mob #35
    '09 WRX Hatch
    COBB Accessport: TP Stage 1 Tune
    3" COBB Single Tip Catback, COBB Shortshifter, 1/2 Bilstein Lowering Springs, Perrin Strut, Whiteline Sways, 18x7.5 Enkei Ev05

damn wish this wasnt a hatch would have taken that perrin exhaust in a heart beat... How did you like the sound btw?

Nevermind forget I asked that lol missed the one comment where you talked about it my bad.
    Last edited by skudda33; 02-03-2012 at 06:18 AM.
    Stink-Eye Mob #333
    2011 Lightning Red WRX
    Stage 2+ 93

Bump for a good deal and very reputable seller!
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    Honestly, it's easily the best sounding exhaust I've had on any car I've owned. Part of that is just the boxer engine itself, but the Perrin cat-back really sounds fantastic. It's a little deeper and louder, but there's no drone and it's really classy. I couldn't recommend it any higher!
    Thanks for the reply man! This is pretty consistent with what everyone else has said about it too. It's a shame you're so far away tho! Shipping would probably be pretty harsh. Stiiilll....

Thanks everyone. As long as I can find a big enough box I can ship. But whether you buy it from me or not, I highly recommend the Perrin!

Homelink mirror is now sold.

Coilovers pending. If that falls through for any reason, they will be available again next weekend.

will the perrin downpipe fit the stock factory catback exhaust system without any adapters? I have a 2012 hatch and i'm interested . I'm comparing it to the cobb downpipe, which bolts to the stock catback without any issues. Also, would the stage 2 cobb map work with the perrin? were you running a stage 2 COBB OTS (over the shelf) map or did you get your pro tuned?

My understanding is that the downpipe will fit with stock exhaust. I believe it's just a matter of which bolts to use to connect them. I'll investigate to give you a more authoritative answer though. But I know you can run the cat-back with the stock downpipe so I don't see why this would be any different.

I tried a custom Perrin map at first but later just went to the OTS Cobb map. The Cobb maps are more about the types of parts, not the specific brands. So you can use Perrin, Cobb, or Protune maps with this no problem. I used the Cobb Stage 2 ACN91 map and then the +AEM map once I put the intake on. Had no issues ever when on the Cobb maps.

I saw the PM...I'll reply once I have an official answer on the downpipe but I'm 99% sure it'll fit just fine.

thanks for checking. I emailed perrin and they told me

"Hello,

The down pipe for your 2012 WRX will bolt directly to the factory catback exhaust. This is done with a special flange that bolts to the stock exhaust and 3" catbacks with no taper."

i wonder if the flange is an adaptor. I have done quite a bit of research over on these forums and it seems that some experience exhaust leaks to the adaptor/flange. You had a nameless catback on the downpipe so I can imagine there were no issues but i wonder how it would do with a stock catback

??? I had the Perrin downpipe connected to the Perrin cat-back. Besides the intake and coilovers, every part o my car was Perrin. :-)

I never personally tried the dp + stock catback but going "Stage 2" requires ONLY a downpipe. So I'm sure there are plenty of people running a dp + stock setup to keep the car low-key/stock looking/stockish sounding.

If installed by a shop I'm sure if there were any leaks they'd resolve it. Or if you installed it and felt you had a leak you can drive to a shop and ask them to just tighten things up for a few dollars.

Pm'd Interest

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast