For Sale Nakajima Stickers! Show our roots!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Nakajima Stickers! Show our roots! within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; As you may or may not know (Subaru)Fuji Heavy industries was born out of the ashes of WWII. The Nakajima ...

Nakajima Stickers! Show our roots!

As you may or may not know (Subaru)Fuji Heavy industries was born out of the ashes of WWII. The Nakajima Aircraft Company was Japan's first aircraft company and designed some of the most successful planes and power plants of their era. After Japan’s defeat, the terms of their surrender dictated that Nakajima had to be dissolved. Most of the lead engineers and employees created a new company called Fuji Heavy Industries, which now makes the cars we all love so much

I had a limited run of die cut vinyl stickers made of the Nakajima company logo so I could put them on my two subies. I had a minimum order size I had to fill, so looking to sell the excess in order to cover the costs.

They are made from high quality 3M vinyl and are suitable for outdoor use( as in your car window) I have 20 each in High Gloss Black and High gloss White. It’s a pretty cool looking logo and a great way to show your Subie pride.

This is the logo. The stickers are 4” diameter.

Fancy White

Stealth Black

$6 per sticker or 2 stickers for $10. This includes shipping to anywhere in the USA. I’ll take paypal or you can send me a check/money order.

PM me with what you want and your shipping address and I will reply with payment instructions.

Tell your friends!
    Last edited by Flyingjibus; 10-22-2011 at 01:00 PM.
    Sonic Wagon
    P.R.E. Tuned 249 WHP

如此親吻 我的臀部猴子男孩 !!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i'm wanting 2 stickers i think. But i wanna see how they look on the car firs.

Pics?

2003 WRX- Newbie
    1997 S-10 zr2- work/quad hauler
    1991 crx si-r- all motor B16
    1989 crx si- beater

"It looks like Scarface sneezed on you car!"

Seems strange, IMO. I don't know. It's like putting the swastika on VW's to show their roots. I know this maybe isn't as bad, but still...

(shrugs shoulders)

Quote Originally Posted by eddie-mondo View Post
    i'm wanting 2 stickers i think. But i wanna see how they look on the car firs.

Pics?
    Pics will be up tonight.
    Sonic Wagon
    P.R.E. Tuned 249 WHP

如此親吻 我的臀部猴子男孩 !!

Quote Originally Posted by 2:43AM View Post
    Seems strange, IMO. I don't know. It's like putting the swastika on VW's to show their roots. I know this maybe isn't as bad, but still...

(shrugs shoulders)
    Not really, If it were a sticker of the Japanese battle flag it would be more like what you are describing. BMW made engines for luftwaffe aircraft, their emblem represents a propeller. I see a lot of people driving them, are they all Nazi sympathizers?
    Sonic Wagon
    P.R.E. Tuned 249 WHP

如此親吻 我的臀部猴子男孩 !!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingjibus View Post
    Not really, If it were a sticker of the Japanese battle flag it would be more like what you are describing. BMW made engines for luftwaffe aircraft, their emblem represents a propeller. I see a lot of people driving them, are they all Nazi sympathizers?
    I suppose so. After all, one could love the company that makes the guidance systems on cruise missiles that destroy foreign countries, as the company is not part of the political regime that send said missiles to said foreign countries. They just make them and make them well.

Pics up
    Sonic Wagon
    P.R.E. Tuned 249 WHP

如此親吻 我的臀部猴子男孩 !!

I Support ClubWRX
    being that they're crosshairs... with an airplane in the middle... I too feel like it's a very grey area
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    being that they're crosshairs... with an airplane in the middle... I too feel like it's a very grey area
    There are three airplanes forming the inner ring of the symbol. None of them are in the middle. If I had to equate the center symbol with anything it would be the control stick of an older aeroplane

I say older because Nakajima is Japan's first aircraft company.

In 1917, Chikuhei Nakajima (33 years old at that time), who retired as Engineering Captain of the Navy, contemplating developing a public aircraft industry, set up the "Airplane Institute" at Ojima Town close to Ota Town in Gunma Prefecture (currently Ota City). The building was a simply remodeled sericultural hut along the Tone River. In the beginning, there were only nine members, but in the following year they built their first airplane; the first "Nakajima Type 1" with a U.S.A. made engine.
    They were making aeroplanes long before they were attaching guns to them. Long before WWII.

Subaru is proud of this history. So proud in fact that their NEW logo pays homage to it.

"Subaru" is the Japanese word for the star cluster Pleiades that is depicted in the company logo. The Pleiades (also known as the Seven Sisters) has only six stars easily visible to the naked eye. Subaru's logo of six stars represents the five companies that came together after World War II to form one large company. This word translated from Japanese to English means: Unite.

Before WWII, the maker of SUBARU cars, Fuji Heavy industries (FHI), was known as Nakajima Aircraft, which made many fighters and bombers. Even the famous Mitsubishi Zero fighter had a Nakajima 14 cylinder engine. After the war, the company was forced to spread into 15 companies to cut the strength of the huge weapon industry. In the early 1950s, five of the original companies gathered into one again to restart as a transportation company. That was FHI and explains the five little stars and one big star.

I understand that there are still scars from WWII, and I understand what it means to have pride in America and not want to celebrate the actions of our enemies, past and present. I assure those of you that have a negative response to this that I am not making light of WWII and the ugliness that came from it.

If you don't want a sticker don't buy one.

Thank you.

Sonic Wagon
    P.R.E. Tuned 249 WHP

如此親吻 我的臀部猴子男孩 !!

I Support ClubWRX
    Interesting... Thanks for the history lesson! And for clarifying the symbol and symbolism.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

bump
    Sonic Wagon
    P.R.E. Tuned 249 WHP

如此親吻 我的臀部猴子男孩 !!

their emblem represents a propeller. I see a lot of people driving them, are they all Nazi sympathizers?
    This isn't true at all... BMWs logo is the bavarian flag. It being a propeller is just what people assume.

That aside, awesome concept and history in here. I really do like the idea. Glws man.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    This isn't true at all... BMWs logo is the bavarian flag. It being a propeller is just what people assume.

That aside, awesome concept and history in here. I really do like the idea. Glws man.

Not quite. I am aware of the history of the logo and the Bavarian flag origins, but the propeller image idea was endorsed and promoted by BMW begining in 1929.

Short history lesson: The BMW Logo | BMWCoop
    Sonic Wagon
    P.R.E. Tuned 249 WHP

如此親吻 我的臀部猴子男孩 !!

Not quite. I am aware of the history of the logo and the Bavarian flag origins, but the propeller image idea was endorsed and promoted by BMW begining in 1929.

Short history lesson: The BMW Logo | BMWCoop
    Idea...key word there. I'm not here to debate about it any further. GLWS of your stickers.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

UPDATE:

I have 4 whites pending

5 whites/14 blacks left.

People have been very pleased with them.

If you want one please pm, I don't check the thread often enough.
    Sonic Wagon
    P.R.E. Tuned 249 WHP

如此親吻 我的臀部猴子男孩 !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast