For Sale Almost new SPT catback from 2011 WRX sedan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Almost new SPT catback from 2011 WRX sedan within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I recently bought a new 2011 WRX sedan with factory installed SPT catback exhaust. The family says its too loud ...

Almost new SPT catback from 2011 WRX sedan

I recently bought a new 2011 WRX sedan with factory installed SPT catback exhaust. The family says its too loud so I just purchased a quieter exhaust. I am selling the SPT, when I get the new one(in about a week). The SPT has, as of today, less than 1200 miles on it, but by next week maybe 1600. I do a lot of highway driving to work. I am usually in the Northern VA area, but the family is in Western MD near the Morgantown WV area. Based on what I am reading about other SPT exhausts for sale and their conditions, I think $595 is pretty fair, but will entertain other offers. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Get rid of the family. Free bump for a decent deal.

I Support ClubWRX
    Good deal.Just curious as to which "quieter" exhaust you got?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

After a great deal of investigating, listening and opinions, I went with the Invidia Q300

I don't believe the invidia is quieter? Lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tginok9 View Post
    After a great deal of investigating, listening and opinions, I went with the Invidia Q300
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I hope it is....The videos I saw and all of the stores and dealers I spoke with says it should be. Its the cabin drone that was too loud.

I Support ClubWRX
    Before you order, it would be advisable to go to one of your local meets & hear it for yourself.You will never get an accurate representation of sound through a video.

Have you looked at the Nameless exhaust?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Rage, "Not sure if serious"?

I heard, again via video, the Nameless performance and they sond great, but again, asking the different retailers, the cabin drone is supposed to be still there and the Q300 is supposed to be the quietest. Have you heard the Q300? whats your opinion? I work such strange and inconsistant hrs, I cant seem to get to any meets, as of yet...But plan to

I Support ClubWRX
    The retailers would say that wouldn't they.Nameless is sold direct from the maker.Retailers do not market them

I have not personally heard the Q300.I have heard the SPT.I wouldn't think that it would be quieter than the SPT,although they sound different.I would still try to listen to one in person before making a choice.

Nameless on sedan thread What do you think of this exhaust? esp post #25
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I have a Q300 with the Invidia catted downpipe and it's not loud by any means (I actually wish is was louder sometimes) but it is very deep at lower rpm's creating a deep drone. It's not bad and does not bother me but depending on your age and taste it may bother you. Even the stock exhaust is not whisper quite like most stock cars.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

I have installed the Q300 and they sound great. Nice cabin db also. Only concern is there is a small leak at the connection near the cat.....very very small. I was watching and feeling all the connections and felt a bit of air and saw some water droplets. I will have a guy I know at Midas look....However, Since I am in a good mood I am lowering the SPT exhaust price to $535...............Preferrably local pickup or I can meet you somewhere.
    Thanks

bump!! love the SPT exhaust

If you want quiet, you should just swap with someone that has the stock exhaust. I wasn't sure I wanted the SPT exhaust at first (it was damn loud compared to my '04 WRX) and the dealer had no trouble finding WRX owners that were more than willing to swap with me plus some cash. I ended up keeping the SPT in the end, though (you get used to it fast and it does have a nice low rumble growl to it plus it's stainless steel which is nice). Complaining about how loud the SPT exhaust was did get them to take another $1000 off the car, though during negotiations (basically made it free).
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast