For Sale 2011 WRX in Satin White - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX in Satin White within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Pics of TDI??...

Pics of TDI??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

congrats on the sale! glad everything worked out for you. +1 for pics of the new TDI.

Sorry guys I've been running around like an idiot lately...I'll get some pictures of it up here in a few days...after my new roof rack is installed

I REALLY like my new golf TDI, but you can't really compare it to the WRX. They're totally different cars.

My thoughts so far:

PROS:
    -Interior Luxury...touchscreen stereo, seats are amazing, stereo is amazing, computer (things like instant/combined mpg, stereo controls, speedo adjustment, etc) is amazing, etc.
    -Whisper quiet...not necessarily a plus, but with a car like this, a plus
    -I've been driving for 2 weeks and still havent even put gas in the car, averaging about 44 MPG...and after break in (the first 10,000-50,000 miles, hahaha) they do even better.
    -DSG is a fun compromise between driving a manual and the convenience of an automatic for traffic
    -Having a hatch is really nice (I know you can get a WRX Hatch...but mine was a sedan)
    -It's actually a really damn fun car to drive...the suspension is the same as what you get on the GTI, albeit with a little more weight. Top end is lacking...but on the low-end, torque is phenomenal at about 240 ft,lbs...makes it really fun in the twisties and around town. I find myself engaging sport mode and the paddle shifters quite often at red lights. There is some torque steer of course, but not nearly what I expected there to be. It's relatively easy to break the front wheels loose with all of that torque.

CONS
    -not as fast as a WRX...in any way
    -not as fun as a WRX...when you want "spirited driving". In traffic the Golf is more fun because of the stereo, and the luxury
    -doesn't look nearly as cool as the WRX...the golf really doesn't stand out, which is kind of a plus, and kind of a minus
    -dubious VW reliability...not many problems with these cars, but you always hear about them being expensive to repair and needing repairs often.

I'll definitely get some pics up next week...for now, send me offers for my intake (posted in marketplace)
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ElVerde View Post
    Sorry guys I've been running around like an idiot lately...I'll get some pictures of it up here in a few days...after my new roof rack is installed

I REALLY like my new golf TDI, but you can't really compare it to the WRX. They're totally different cars.

My thoughts so far:

PROS:
    -Interior Luxury...touchscreen stereo, seats are amazing, stereo is amazing, computer (things like instant/combined mpg, stereo controls, speedo adjustment, etc) is amazing, etc.
    -Whisper quiet...not necessarily a plus, but with a car like this, a plus
    -I've been driving for 2 weeks and still havent even put gas in the car, averaging about 44 MPG...and after break in (the first 10,000-50,000 miles, hahaha) they do even better.
    -DSG is a fun compromise between driving a manual and the convenience of an automatic for traffic
    -Having a hatch is really nice (I know you can get a WRX Hatch...but mine was a sedan)
    -It's actually a really damn fun car to drive...the suspension is the same as what you get on the GTI, albeit with a little more weight. Top end is lacking...but on the low-end, torque is phenomenal at about 240 ft,lbs...makes it really fun in the twisties and around town. I find myself engaging sport mode and the paddle shifters quite often at red lights. There is some torque steer of course, but not nearly what I expected there to be. It's relatively easy to break the front wheels loose with all of that torque.

CONS
    -not as fast as a WRX...in any way
    -not as fun as a WRX...when you want "spirited driving". In traffic the Golf is more fun because of the stereo, and the luxury
    -doesn't look nearly as cool as the WRX...the golf really doesn't stand out, which is kind of a plus, and kind of a minus
    -dubious VW reliability...not many problems with these cars, but you always hear about them being expensive to repair and needing repairs often.

I'll definitely get some pics up next week...for now, send me offers for my intake (posted in marketplace)
    Would love to see the pics of your new baby!
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

Quote Originally Posted by tacomaboy138 View Post
    Would love to see the pics of your new baby!
    everyone probably wants to see pics of yours too
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ElVerde View Post
    everyone probably wants to see pics of yours too
    LOL, the pics would look oddly familiar... I've been wanting to get a detail done, but have only had the time for a wash so far. Darn work and life, getting in the way of car fun!
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.