For Sale MD: 2009 OEM WRX gunmetal gray wheels w/Dunlop SP Sport 01 tires - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on MD: 2009 OEM WRX gunmetal gray wheels w/Dunlop SP Sport 01 tires within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Bump...

Bump

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hang in there man, I'd really like to snap these up.. and I'll come and get them as well, but waiting on some $$ info that should be getting to me this coming week possibly week after. If you get a chance to sell them do so but I wanted to post up n let you know there's at least some interest. I just dont have the cash in hand just yet.

How exactly do the tpms sensors mount? Are they in the valve stem? I'm curious since I'll be using these as a second set (either summer or winter... not sure yet, likely summer given tires already mounted on them) and curious if I have to get new sensors or if I can swap my existing ones back n forth with season change without dismounting the tires.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    Hang in there man, I'd really like to snap these up.. and I'll come and get them as well, but waiting on some $$ info that should be getting to me this coming week possibly week after. If you get a chance to sell them do so but I wanted to post up n let you know there's at least some interest. I just dont have the cash in hand just yet.

How exactly do the tpms sensors mount? Are they in the valve stem? I'm curious since I'll be using these as a second set (either summer or winter... not sure yet, likely summer given tires already mounted on them) and curious if I have to get new sensors or if I can swap my existing ones back n forth with season change without dismounting the tires.
    No worries--I'm not in a rush to move them. I'm hoping to secure a buyer before I purchase new wheels and tires...and I'm dragging my feet on that without knowing I'll have the cash soon after I buy, if you know what I mean. I'm planning to be at Cretinfest so we can discuss if you're still interested.

As for the TPMS sensors, I'm not entirely sure since I haven't removed them but from what I read on NASIOC the sensor detaches from the stem. Supposedly you can remove the sensor from the stem and use the normally without the sensor installed but I'm not sure about swapping them more than once.

hmm, ok.. good to know. I'll have to look into what it might cost to purchase new ones ... So have you had the old removed yet or are they still lurking under the factory tires? As mentioned my intent is to use these as they already are for summer or have snows slapped on and use them for winter. If you're going to dismount the tires I might ask that we keep them that way (still want the tires too though, just save you some dough gettin em put back on after sensor removal)

I'll likely come up and get them vs taking them from you at CF though.. likely wont have enough room for wheels + my goodies.

I should be getting paid for a week of unused vaca shortly.. so we'll def have to discuss at CF If I come up with dough before that I'll keep ya posted.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Factory wheels and tires are still on the car with all the sensors intact. I don't have my new wheels and tires yet so I can ask IAG how they would swap out the sensors--I'm not sure if they can just break the bead and get in there to pull the sensors or if it is a full dismount (...been over 15 years since I worked in a tire shop).

One thing to keep in mind is if you get new sensors they need to be programmed so that'll add to the cost. I decided if I ever run a winter wheel/tire setup I'll just skip the sensors for that reason and bust out a piece of black tape on the dash.

PM'd you. Very interested.

that's good..haven't gotten a min to pm Economatic yet. I was lined up for these but have found a set of '11 wheels instead.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

pm'ed

are these still available? I have cash in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan s. View Post
    are these still available? I have cash in hand.
    Yes, they should be ready to sell next week. I'll send you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    that's good..haven't gotten a min to pm Economatic yet. I was lined up for these but have found a set of '11 wheels instead.
    No worries, I don't blame you for bailing with how long my wheel replacement saga has been going on. Pretty annoyed with how dragged out it has been to get a set of wheels.

Still available and ready to sell on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by economatic View Post
    No worries, I don't blame you for bailing with how long my wheel replacement saga has been going on. Pretty annoyed with how dragged out it has been to get a set of wheels.
    Yeah I figured you'd be pretty bent about the timeline. Actually I remember you predicting it would take longer than you were told. As is I found a set of '11 wheels with low mileage. Since I'm planning on these being the summer set that actually works out better for me. glwts man, looks like there's a good bit of interest
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Latest buyer was a no show. Wheels are off the car and ready to sell.

What price are you asking for now? And what's the condition & tread left now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.