For Sale Coilovers $900 -- HKS Hipermax III w/ pillowball camber adj - WRX 5Dr 08+
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Coilovers 0 -- HKS Hipermax III w/ pillowball camber adj - WRX 5Dr 08+ within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I have two sets of coilovers for sale. A set of used Tein and a set of slightly used HKS. ...

Coilovers $900 -- HKS Hipermax III w/ pillowball camber adj - WRX 5Dr 08+

I have two sets of coilovers for sale. A set of used Tein and a set of slightly used HKS. I live in LA (Pasadena) and my car was used as the final test vehicle for both sets.

The HKS set has two weeks on them, actually I think less than 14 days and 500 miles. They are Hipermax III w/ adjustable camber plates up front [aka pillow ball]. The HKS website has a list price of $2,445 ( HKS USA Hipermax III ), but you can find them much lower online such as:

$2200 + shipping
    HKS Hipermax III Coilovers (Subaru WRX 2008) - Modern Automotive Performance

$2,095 + $60shipping
    Doesn't look like these have the camber plates
    HKS HIPERMAX III COILOVER 08 09 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX - eBay (item 200456324392 end time Mar-25-11 22:17:35 PDT)

$2,385 free shipping
    Vivid Racing

Selling these [HKS] for $950 shipped. Or $900 pick up.

The Tein's have about 18 months and 20k mi on them. If you check the Tein website, the pictures are of MY ACTUAL CAR. They are adjustable, but do not have pillow balls.

SUBARU IMPREZA WRX 5Dr

These [Tein] are $550 shipped, or $500 pick up.

** Tein's are SOLD **

I live in the Pasadena area. Sold the car a while ago. Never raced, autocrossed, off-roaded. As you know, the stock suspension is very floaty/squishy/soft. IMO the stock suspension rides softer than a new Camary. Either of these upgrades change the car's personality 100%. It's like a night and day difference.

Check part numbers (or here in the forum), but the guy who bought the Tein's said they fit his 4 door.

Shoot me an email at bdpcaz@hotmail.com or you can call/text me at 310.254.8412.

Zac
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tein 1.jpg   tein 4.jpg   hks.jpg   front.jpg   rear.jpg  

hks plate.jpg   tein 3.jpg   hks 2.jpg   My car.jpg   tein.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Still have the hks coilovers?

I Support ClubWRX
    Out of curiousity, how would you say the ride was after the coilover install? How did your spine fair on say, speed bumps or potholes compared to freeway driving?
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Sorry, they've been sold. Forgot to pull the thread down.

I had a pair of Tein adjustable coilovers, and the HKS set. Both were a HUGE improvement over stock. Definately not 'harsh' on uneven roads, but much tighter, and all "float" was removed. imo the stock setup felt like a 90's Camary, any set of decent coilovers will make a world of difference.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.