For Sale F/S 2009 WRX Cobb AP
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on F/S 2009 WRX Cobb AP within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; 2009 WRX Cobb AP. Unmarried and only 8 months old. I have original box and all hardware that came with ...

F/S 2009 WRX Cobb AP

2009 WRX Cobb AP. Unmarried and only 8 months old. I have original box and all hardware that came with it. I want $400 for it. Which is 100$ cheaper than new. Just traded the car in for a 2011 STI. I'm located in Virginia. Please email me direct at Ryanjeep94@aol.com. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    You dont want to use it on your STI?

Quote Originally Posted by Marioshi View Post
    You dont want to use it on your STI?
    You can't do that. If it's designed for a WRX, you can only use it on those specified years of WRX. You'll have to consult Cobbtuning.com for more direction.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

I used my AP on my 2008 STI, 2009 WRX, and now its on my 2011 STI

Like Skreekin said, I was told they couldn't be used by a sales guy at Perrin. That was also last year, but I didn't think anything had changed. Plus the Cobb AP is 500$ for the 09 WRX new. New for the 2011STI is 600$ so if it wasn't different what is stopping people from buying a cheaper model year? If I can use it great it will save me 200 bucks. Thanks.

I wish Cobb would have upgraded packs that they would sell online so all you would have to do is plug in pay for maps and download to your already owned unit. Save time that way. Damn me for thinking.

CobbTuning.com - '09 AccessPORT

Shows the AP at 595 new from Cobb for an 08-11 WRX. Perrin probably told you that because at the time Cobb probably hadn't had much testing with the new STI to get a good baseline tune(I'm not sure on that, but that's what I'm guessing). This AP should work on all 08+ WRX/STI. Look at the part number for each one and it's the same. Seems like only difference is the maps that come pre installed on the AP, didn't buy mine new so not sure on that. Best thing to do to verify is give COBB a call.

Yep gonna call in the morning. I'll let you know what they say. Hope I can use this one.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerxVa View Post
    Yep gonna call in the morning. I'll let you know what they say. Hope I can use this one.
    Both are product AP-SUB-003, it should work but calling them will resolve your dilemma for good.

So I called Cobb today and yes it is the same AP, they said just to make sure my firmware is updated and I'm good to go. So I'll be adding it on tonight. Thanks for your help guys.

Banned
    I shoulda been dishonest and bought it from you! 400 is cheap I am finding out.

Man, good thing you cleared that up. You would've been pissed if you found out afterwards that the AP works for the STI.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.