Want To Buy 02 wrx 5 speed asap and no junk

This is a discussion on 02 wrx 5 speed asap and no junk within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Im located in orange, ca. In need of a 5 speed for my 02 bug eye. Carrier bearings are shot ...

02 wrx 5 speed asap and no junk

Im located in orange, ca. In need of a 5 speed for my 02 bug eye. Carrier bearings are shot in mine and don't want to fork out 1300. Plz can someone help? Either sell me yours or point me in the right direction.
    Thanks in advance
    Curtis

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

did you ever find one of good quailty and price? i'm in the same boat as you

Unfortunately no, found one on nasioc for a grand but I can fix mine for cheaper. Gonna pull the trans myself but am not looking forward to it one bit

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I'm in the process of selling a stock gear set for $350, I will have all the remaining internals left over if you are interested.

I also have another stock 02 gear set, but it has been sitting for so long I would have to check the condition before considering to sell it.

I might be in need of a stock set if this one is trashed from the bearings going out. How hard is it to open the tranny and change the carrier bearings myself, would u have any idea?

I dunno about the bearings.. I know measuring the gear placement on the shafts and setting the lash is no easy task. Opening the case is the easy part.

That's more what I was talking about more along those lines. I just can't see spending 400 to take a trans out. Sure its not an easy task but damn

It took me about 20 minutes to drop the tranny last time I had to. That is, after I got the car off the ground.

Really wow I thought it was a bit more of a task from looking at the write ups and pics. Any good info sites or links to show all the steps in a good write up?

I dunno.. I just got under there and started unbolting stuff. The hardest part for me was reaching the bolts on the top of the housing where it bolts to the rear of the engine.. I can't remember if I removed those from the top or not.

I left the brace holding it loosely, and once everything else was completely unbolted I got under it with my brother and he held it while I removed the last two bolts, then we slid it back and lowered it to the ground and drug it out from underneath the car.