Gauging interest- trailing links w/ brand new STi Group N bushings
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Gauging interest- trailing links w/ brand new STi Group N bushings within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Gents (and ladies ) I do this about once year gauging interest in trailing links that will have pre-pressed STi ...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Gauging interest- trailing links w/ brand new STi Group N bushings

Gents (and ladies ) I do this about once year gauging interest in trailing links that will have pre-pressed STi Group N bushings in them. I have the Subaru "special tool" that allows me to unpress/press these bushings (and a 20 ton press! )

In addition (for a small fee) I also rent out a tool that allows you to replace the rear bushings (they actually reside in the knuckle, not the link itself) while still on the car- very easy install

Replacing both these bushings will add about 0 NVH (noise, vibration, harshness), but will go along way in decreasing changes to toe and camber when in a turn (giving you more grip), you'll also see better braking as well (the firmer bushings remove slop from the oe ones)

The price will remain the same as it has been for the last five years (even though shipping prices have gone up a bunch!)- $145 shipped for a pair of trailing links w/ brand new STi Group N bushings)

thanks

Mike
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Awesome deal and a great upgrade!
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm ready to go now w/ the holidays over

Still doing this?

And what's different from getting it from you vs buying it online? What is the tool that you will rent out?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowpr
    And what's different from getting it from you vs buying it online? What is the tool that you will rent out?
    If you buy this from Mike, you get a second set of trailing links, and the front bushings come already pressed in. It makes the swap easier.

UNYSOC

Nice.

Does this include everything for the front and rear, or would that require 2 sets?

How hard is it to change these out?

I Support ClubWRX
    as far as I know you can't purchase these w/ the Grp N bushings already pressed in- requires a "special" Subaru tool (and a 15 ton press )

$145 is for the trailing links and the new front bushings (pressed in of course), the rear bushings you'd have to purchase and then use the tool I have to install them- my rear bushing tool (the rear trailing link bushing resides in the knuckle, not in the actual trailing link) allows a simple install w/o having to remove the rear knuckle (a major operation if you haven't done that- including the pita e-brake assembly!)

the replacement of the trailing links is pretty straight forward

Rear Of Trailing Link Bushing Install Tutorial - NASIOC

I Support ClubWRX
    I bought a set of these from Mike the last time he offered this, but haven't installed them yet, due to waiting on the rear bushing. In case anyone is interested, TiC just released their version of the rear bushing, and is currently on sale for $10 off MSRP (mine shipped out this morning):
    TiC REAR trailing arm bushing sale

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.