Starting Mods
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Starting Mods within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; im 18 i have a wrx what ive done so far custom exhaust and a high performance filter not much ...

Question Starting Mods

im 18 i have a wrx
    what ive done so far
    custom exhaust and a high performance filter not much but when ur 18 makeing car payments its all i got

i have come on some money latley and i was wondering where should i go next

mabey a pro tune and a AP
    or a short ram intake or CIA
    just need some help not really sure im biulding a rally car hopefully so anysugestion would help thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to ClubWRX!

What parts of the exhaust did you have replaced?

Please read this thread.
    First Modifications - what to do and not to do

I'm not saying this to be mean, but it's kinda hard to read your post because of your grammar and spelling.

so the site said to do a ap or a pro tune agree?

Please take a look at the picture in this thread, and let us know what part of your exhaust is custom.
    Exhaust FAQ

In order to use an aftermarket downpipe the ECU needs to be tuned.
    There are several ways to tune the ECU, here are two ways.
    1. Buy a Cobb AccessPort (AP), choose map, and upload.
    2. Go to a tuner and have them tune the ECU.

Where are you located?

Vez
    If I were to start from scratch with what I know now, I would (roughly) follow this path:

Performance:
    1) good tires (summer and winter...having a second set of wheels)
    2) Cobb AP
    3) DP + CBE (because I also like the sound that accompanies the performance)
    4) Swaybars + ELs (arguably, the first performance mod to make...and I wouldn't argue against it)
    5) brake pads + brake fluid + SS brake lines
    6) short-throw shifter?

...tires, ECU, DP + CBE, sways and ELs....all toward the top of the list.

My $0.02.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

so i got the good tires so the next step is the AP to just get high boost and run diffrent maps

i am now possitibe that its a turbo back exhaust and i think the down pipe and mid pipe are custome parts

If you have a full turbo-back exhaust I STRONGLY recomend getting some sort of tune ASAP before something goes. To the best of my knowledge you are going to do some serious damge without it if you keep running without one. if you cant afford the AP and maps i'd suggest taking off the dp if possible. I don't want to be rude, Id just hate to see a fellow rex go bye bye.
    Best of Luck

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.