Resale value help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Resale value help within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hello, I have a 2002 WRX wagon with about 133K on it. Brand new brakes and a new clutch, she ...

Resale value help

Hello,
    I have a 2002 WRX wagon with about 133K on it. Brand new brakes and a new clutch, she is running great. Body has a few dings and a rust patch, but otherwise it is in fine shape. Am I crazy to try to sell it at this point? I am looking for a new car and would ideally like a trade in value for it. Kelly BB says its worth about 8K, but I am not sure what I could realistically get for it. Anybody have any advice? Want to buy a nice WRX?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wrong forum for advice on selling your car

But for a 2002 wagon you should expect 6-8k depending on the size of that rust spot. I would personally that care of that rust spot
    Northern Lights Customs

'Helpin' the hood, one can of spraypaint at a time

Bugeye mafia #321!
    XPT Stage II

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    the best thing to do to get an accurate idea is look on your local craigslist, autotrader, cars.com, etc and see what 02-03 wrxs in similar condition/mileage are going for

base your price on that. kbb isn't that accurate anymore especially with the economy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

KBB changes with the economy and price market. They usually are a great way to find a general price, especially when there are so many options and a high/low/mid price that is expected.

However nothing beats knowing the local market. Craigslist and search is your friend.
    Northern Lights Customs

'Helpin' the hood, one can of spraypaint at a time

Bugeye mafia #321!
    XPT Stage II

i work as an auto damage estimator for an insurance company, and i deal with a lot of totals, so i have a ton of experience with vehicle values.

in california, the department of insurance requires realtime market values to settle totals, but most of the rest of the country uses NADA for their valuations. way more realistic value than KBB.

http://www.nadaguides.com/

good luck.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Quote Originally Posted by dbya rx View Post
    i work as an auto damage estimator for an insurance company, and i deal with a lot of totals, so i have a ton of experience with vehicle values.

in california, the department of insurance requires realtime market values to settle totals, but most of the rest of the country uses NADA for their valuations. way more realistic value than KBB.

http://www.nadaguides.com/

good luck.
    +1

NADA is what my bank used to figure out my loan for my subie when I bought it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.