FS 18" RIMS/TIRES Gold with machined lip (pics)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on FS 18" RIMS/TIRES Gold with machined lip (pics) within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I traded my WRX in for another car - was having alot of self inflicted problems with the car =( ...

FS 18" RIMS/TIRES Gold with machined lip (pics)

I traded my WRX in for another car - was having alot of self inflicted problems with the car =( .. so had to return it to stock.. and these rims dont fit on my new car..

less than a year old.. (ALL 4 RIMS/TIRES plus lugnuts and lug nut key included)

18x7.5 rims with 225 40R 18 tire size..

Gold rims with machined lip... 5 bolt universal pattern

I have blue lugnuts for the rims (can be painted).. with a special key to take off the lugnuts..

when i put a penny in the tire thread it cuts lincolns head a lil more than half. so id say a lil more than a year or so of tread left

a couple of the rims have some curb rash becuse I cant parrallel park worth a crap... but its only on the ring
    part that meets the tires.. the actual gold part of the rims and the machined lip are in good conditon..

there is a little bit of uneven wear on one tire.. due to my WRX neededing a
    wheel alignment because i had the car lowered 2" .. but the tires are in good shape.

also.. i did run over a nail several months ago.. so i had to replace one tire.... so 3 tires are the origional Diamond Triange... and 1 tire is a kuhmo raptor i beleive..

but all the tire tread is the same depth, because I had to get the new tire's tread shaved down to match the other tires tread depth since it was All Wheel Drive... soo all 4 tires have the same amount of tread left on them. ..

(please email me if you want to see more/bigger pictures..as I can't upload alot on here)
    i put a picture of the rims installed on my WRX

$600

( i am willing to deliver up to 250 miles from Houston, tx
    so if you would want to meet me instead of paying for shipping...
    i was able to fit one rim/tire in the trunk and 3 in the back seat laying down..in my 2003 wrx.. they are in trashbags ofcourse)

if you prefer paying by card i can set up a paypal invoice..and you would get a receipt for your purchase

email me

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If I wouldn't get RAPED on shipping those to Utah I'd buy them in a second!

But GL with the sale anyways.

bump

those should fit on a 07 wrx, correct?

shipped to 60018? i have a dock if you can palletize..

@admin.... PM sent.. and yes they will fit the 07's i think the bolt pattern has stayed the same on the impreza's since the 90s

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by iczerz View Post
    also.. i did run over a nail several months ago.. so i had to replace one tire.... so 3 tires are the origional Diamond Triange... and 1 tire is a kuhmo raptor i beleive..
    For the sake of the next owner of the car, I hope you didn't drive on it like that very far.

You might want to reduce the price point a bit because whoever buys these is either gonna have to buy 3 new Kumhos or gonna have to get 1 new Diamond tire and have it shaved down to match the rest of them.

...but all the tire tread is the same depth, because I had to get the new tire's tread shaved down to match the other tires tread depth since it was All Wheel Drive... soo all 4 tires have the same amount of tread left on them. ..

and you are right about that.. when i did have to replace the tire.i consulted with a subaru dealership..and they said the

most important thing is to make sure the tread depth is with in 2/32 of eachother.. so i had it shaved.. and ideally you would

want the same tread pattern.. but a similiar tread pattern would suffice just fine... and that is what i did, as I could not get a

diomond triangle fast enough. and the raptor has petty close to the same tread pattern..

but thanks for the note.
    Last edited by iczerz; 09-13-2010 at 04:18 PM.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    and you are right about that.. when i did have to replace the tire.i consulted with a subaru dealership..and they said the

most important thing is to make sure the tread depth is with in 2/32 of eachother.. so i had it shaved.. and ideally you would

want the same tread pattern.. but a similiar tread patter would suffice just fine... and that is what i did, as I could not get a

diomond triangle fast enought. and the raptor has petty close to the same tread patter..

but thanks for the note.
    Well, it's not exactly that. It's more than just the tread pattern and remaining thread. The tire compound matters greatly as it helps define grip and wear speed and while 2 tires may be the same size (225/40/18), they are not the same circumference (ultimately rotations per mile), which is what matters in the long term to your differential. For example:

A brand new 225/40/18 Kumho Escta XS is 25" in diameter (831 rev/mile) and a Michelin Pilot sport of the same tire size is 25.3" in diameter (821 rev/minute). That's a circumference difference of almost an inch, which is obviously beyond the 1/4" circumference allowance spec'ed by Subaru. And that's without any tire wear differences. This is why Subaru advises that all 4 tires must be within 2/32" wear and of the same size, brand, and model (even different models by the same company vary in size).
    Last edited by brfatal; 09-13-2010 at 11:07 PM. Reason: typo

yes .. i know all this.. as when i ran over the nail i was freaking out about what to do and franticly researched.. as i thought i had to purchase all 4 new tires...(and i really didnt want to do that because the tires i had were pratically brand new!)

but i talked to the dealership and that is what they told me . and i bought a new tire as fast as I could and took it to them to shave and install it..

so again thanks for the note...

and even the guys at the dealership said.. with how delicate the AWD system is you would think they would put a full size spare tire in the trunk.. instead of the donut..(go figure)..which i had to use for a few days before getting the new tire put on...

and i drove for several months with the one raptor shaved down with no problems..... so.. ya i totally understand what you are saying... because as a concerned WRX owner at the time i did my home work on the matter.. because at the time i had no plans of trading in my car, so longevity was my top concern..

but again thanks for the info. you should make it a sticky in the Tires section.

ps...and not to knock your calculations... i dont see how .3" of diameter makes 590 revolutions per mile... (821-231)
    when a whole 25" in diameter makes 231 rev/mile..... .. just on the numbers you gave me ... that just doesnt seem to add up mathematically?? im curious about that...

because it seems like a smaller diameter wheel would make more revs per mile... not less...??..(sorry this is going off topic.. jw)
    Last edited by iczerz; 09-13-2010 at 05:12 PM.

$650 shipped to you.. new price

. i am just trying to get rid of them asap.. as that is about how much i owe on them...

i got them financed for $1800 brand new .. and haven't even had em long enough to pay them off.... so just trying to get out of the monthly payment..

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    yes .. i know all this.. as when i ran over the nail i was freaking out about what to do and franticly researched.. as i thought i had to purchase all 4 new tires...(and i really didnt want to do that because the tires i had were pratically brand new!)

but i talked to the dealership and that is what they told me . and i bought a new tire as fast as I could and took it to them to shave and install it..

so again thanks for the note...

and even the guys at the dealership said.. with how delicate the AWD system is you would think they would put a full size spare tire in the trunk.. instead of the donut..(go figure)..which i had to use for a few days before getting the new tire put on...

and i drove for several months with the one raptor shaved down with no problems..... so.. ya i totally understand what you are saying... because as a concerned WRX owner at the time i did my home work on the matter.. because at the time i had no plans of trading in my car, so longevity was my top concern..

but again thanks for the info. you should make it a sticky in the Tires section.

ps...and not to knock your calculations... i dont see how .3" of diameter makes 590 revolutions per mile... (821-231)
    when a whole 25" in diameter makes 231 rev/mile..... .. just on the numbers you gave me ... that just doesnt seem to add up mathematically?? im curious about that...

because it seems like a smaller diameter wheel would make more revs per mile... not less...??..(sorry this is going off topic.. jw)
    231 was a typo. It was supposed to say 831.

bump..

650$ shipped .

SOLD

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.