Cobb Double Adj. Short Throw
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Cobb Double Adj. Short Throw within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; New in box. This is the discontinued shifter from Cobb. Purchased for future WRX until I saw that the STI ...

Cobb Double Adj. Short Throw

New in box. This is the discontinued shifter from Cobb. Purchased for future WRX until I saw that the STI sedan was coming back which it wont fit. Will fit either the 08 +WRX or Legacy 5spds.

$180
    Last edited by STI011; 09-02-2010 at 10:43 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

why was it discontinued?

I have no idea why Cobb made that call.....

what is the levle of difficulty in installing this one's self?

This is one of the easier things you can do, it should take 30 min or so. My cousin and I put it on his WRX and he loves it, it makes a significant difference. If you don't already have one, buy the Craftsman C clip tool, we wasted money and effort on a cheaper one because we didnt feel like driving to Sears.

Cool....and forgive my ignorance, but can you describe the upside to a short throw?

It cuts down on the length that your shifter travels between gears. Overall its shorter in height (which a majority of people like) and it has a much more solid feel to it instead of the rubbery I feel like im going to break this thing if you shift too hard. It was the first mod I did to my Camaro, and it will be the first mod I do to my STI when they come to dealerships in my area. Do a search on other people that have put a short throw on their WRX and see what the reactions are if your thinking about doing it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.