FS:PA: 03 wrx trans
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on FS:PA: 03 wrx trans within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Well as some know I finally got my lgt gear upgrade squared away. Finally realized I had the wrong 3-4 ...

FS:PA: 03 wrx trans

Well as some know I finally got my lgt gear upgrade squared away. Finally realized I had the wrong 3-4 shift sleeve even though the part number was the correct one I needed somehow the outdated one got in my box. Thanks Subaru. lol.

Moving on the trans I am gauging interest in is from a 2003 wrx. Unfortunately the only thing I know about is is the kid I purchased it from blew 1st gear and couldn't get the center diff on. I work at a dealer so I bought it cheap and split the case and checked it out. He had 1st replaced and I slapped it back together and put it in my car. 1st gear had a little whine to it but nothing major. I was just using this trans to get me by till I could get some stronger gears. Unfortunately third gear went on me causing me to upgrade sooner then expected.

In my journey of the upgraded gears I had to throw in this back up trans till I figured out why it would pop out of third. So while this was back in it also did the same thing which at the time I though had the upgraded sleeve with the upgraded 3-4 I just put in (only because we compared it to the "old sleeve" we thought was a new style) but obviously didn't. So now it's just sitting at work all together. I've been contemplating keeping it for a spare just in case but I could use the money to invest back into the car and I don't beat my trans so my new one will be good for a long while.

Obviously I will get a new style 3-4 sleeve for it and resemble it. As I said 1st gear still whines even though I swapped the syncro out with one I knew didn't whine so I'm guessing it's the gear this kid put in. When it was back in my car everything drove great (minus my third gear problem) and was smooth. I haven't split it back open yet because I'd like to see some interest before I do everything.

I wanted to extend this offer to some people. Obviously I'm going to have to press apart the driven shaft to fix the sleeve problem. But if someone wants to while it's apart I can replace any or all syncro's and bearings. Obviously this will come at an extra cost in parts for you but since it will be out I won't really charge to much labor on it. Pretty much I'd only charge a little more if I have to take apart the main shaft since I don't have to.

Sorry for the long ramble but I wanted to give as much info as possible since I know what it's like trying to buy a used trans and how uneasy it is. Like I said I am a subaru tech and not some random guy just trying to throw together a transmission. Any questions feel free to ask.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump for a good trans. Not one that you have to take a guess if it's going to blow when you put it in. This one is fresh.

Got a new hub and sleeve. I'd really hate to put this thing back together and someone want to replace the syncro's and bearings. Labor then wouldn't be this cheap!

Bump for a trans.

Who wants it.

Interested. PM a price. I would rather have the rear assembly than the whole transmission. My transmission is is fun, but the center diff (and pretty much that whole assembly) is slagged. Thanks!

Sorry this is long gone. And if I still had it I would be stupid to split it up to sell off. lol.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.