ny feeler thread 02 wrx transmission
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on ny feeler thread 02 wrx transmission within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; i have a 02 wrx transmission in my shed with a blown first gear. i've been tryin to come up ...

ny feeler thread 02 wrx transmission

i have a 02 wrx transmission in my shed with a blown first gear. i've been tryin to come up the money to rebuild it, but that is starting to seem unlikely now. i am certified in transmission rebuilding just dont have the money to rebuild it. i have taken it apart to examine any and all damage that came from 1st blowing. and after a through check the only thing i have found wrong is a blown 1st gear on output shaft, and the whole input shaft has to be replaced (only because first gear on that is part of the actual shaft). other then that theres is no other damage to any parts that i have found. so with that said i would like to either part it out or sell it as a whole with the damages described above moneys kind of tight so no offers would not go without consideration. like i said the only thing i found it needing is first gear and a input shaft which is about $300 from the dealer. or the case is in perfect condition for anyone looking to either build a 5 speed with some ppg's or the sti ra gearset. let me know pics of everything coming soon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump

Quote Originally Posted by wrathc5525 View Post
    i have a 02 wrx transmission in my shed with a blown first gear. i've been tryin to come up the money to rebuild it, but that is starting to seem unlikely now. i am certified in transmission rebuilding just dont have the money to rebuild it. i have taken it apart to examine any and all damage that came from 1st blowing. and after a through check the only thing i have found wrong is a blown 1st gear on output shaft, and the whole input shaft has to be replaced (only because first gear on that is part of the actual shaft). other then that theres is no other damage to any parts that i have found. so with that said i would like to either part it out or sell it as a whole with the damages described above moneys kind of tight so no offers would not go without consideration. like i said the only thing i found it needing is first gear and a input shaft which is about $300 from the dealer. or the case is in perfect condition for anyone looking to either build a 5 speed with some ppg's or the sti ra gearset. let me know pics of everything coming soon

this is an old post do you still have it?

depends what your looking for cuz i now have two broken 02 5 speeds in my shed the one that this post was originaly about only had a blown 1st, 2nd an the other trans i have has a blown front diff so my game plan is to take the sevond trans with the bad front diffs gear set and swap that into the other trans which will leave me with a case and some random gears and what not

depends what your looking for cuz i now have two broken 02 5 speeds in my shed the one that this post was originaly about only had a blown 1st, 2nd an the other trans i have has a blown front diff so my game plan is to take the sevond trans with the bad front diffs gear set and swap that into the other trans which will leave me with a case and some random gears and what not
    its ok i need a whole trans thanks anyways

well i got one that has a blown first gear and one with a blown front diff? are you looking for a complete working transmission?

well i got one that has a blown first gear and one with a blown front diff? are you looking for a complete working transmission?
    yes i am unless you know the approx cost to fix them and its within my range i thought you have said youd just be getting rid of the shell

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.