FS: Seized 2L Cobb short block

This is a discussion on FS: Seized 2L Cobb short block within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I have a seized 2L Cobb, circa '03, short block sitting in my garage that I'd like to get rid ...

FS: Seized 2L Cobb short block

I have a seized 2L Cobb, circa '03, short block sitting in my garage that I'd like to get rid of because we are moving. I'd prefer not having to deal with the hassle of shipping so if you can pick up in North Dallas you get bonus points.

It seized up a couple of years ago on my way home from a road trip to Austin and rather than screw with it I replaced it with a 2.5L STI short block. Guy at the dealership was not able to turn the crank to get the piston pins lined up where he could push them out and pull it apart.

Judging by the wear on the cams and head I had to replace it looked like the oil pump failed, but the idiot light never came on. My CEL light was on but because of the utech it has a habit of coming on for a while and then shutting off on it's own again.

I realize I'm selling junk but this might be good junk for someone who can pull it apart and rebuild it. I'm sure the bearings are junk but the block, pistons and rods are all probably still good. Not sure about the crank. I'm looking for best offer. Don't bother with the $1 or $5 offers, I have a cousin I'll happily give it to if no one seriously wants it I just think it will end up sitting in his garage but at least it won't be in mine.

Last edited by markenn; 01-29-2010 at 10:05 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sent u a pm