Looking for '07 Sti upgrades
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looking for '07 Sti upgrades within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I have a stock 2007 Sti. I am looking at eventually getting a gt30 turbo. So I am looking for ...

Looking for '07 Sti upgrades

I have a stock 2007 Sti. I am looking at eventually getting a gt30 turbo. So I am looking for parts to allow for that turbo...injectors, fuel pump, exhaust, cobb accessport, etc. PM me what you are selling and for how much. I live in CO.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    You do know how much you're gonna be spending on that setup right? That's not something I'd run on a stock motor.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal
    You do know how much you're gonna be spending on that setup right? That's not something I'd run on a stock motor.
    +1

You'll need at a minimum forged pistons to run that setup reliably (expect at least $2K worth of motor work)
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Update

Just ordered catback exhaust, downpipe, and uppipe. I think I am good for a little bit, would love to have an electronic boost controller though.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by racerdancer2004
    Just ordered catback exhaust, downpipe, and uppipe. I think I am good for a little bit, would love to have an electronic boost controller though.
    Honestly, cancel the order on the uppipe. While aftermarket uppipe will gain you a little power/spool, it's not enough to justify the price and PITA of install. Unless you're going EWG or upgrade to a larger turbo, it's not worth it.

UNYSOC

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by racerdancer2004 View Post
    You will need to be tuned in order to use that downpipe.

ya i know i need a tune to get the most out of the mods, but will i mess anything up with these mods if i dont tune it? I am wanting a Cobb Accessport, but dont want to spend $650 for it after what i just bought. So i am looking for a used one, but until then...i will be running un-tuned. Quick question about the Accessport, can you control boost with it, or will i need a boost controller also?

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    ya i know i need a tune to get the most out of the mods, but will i mess anything up with these mods if i dont tune it? I am wanting a Cobb Accessport, but dont want to spend $650 for it after what i just bought. So i am looking for a used one, but until then...i will be running un-tuned. Quick question about the Accessport, can you control boost with it, or will i need a boost controller also?
    Then don't install the downpipe until you get the Accessport or whatever you get for engine management.

And no, you cannot control boost with it. Nor you you need to do anything that will change your boost control like that.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Honestly, cancel the order on the uppipe. While aftermarket uppipe will gain you a little power/spool, it's not enough to justify the price and PITA of install. Unless you're going EWG or upgrade to a larger turbo, it's not worth it.
    Most people who own a 02-05 WRX get an uppipe since they don't have a catless uppipe like the 04-10 STi owners and 06-10 WRX Owners.

I agree there is no point in upgrading the uppipe for a stock setup. Plus it definitely is a PITA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    You will need to be tuned in order to use that downpipe.
    +1 to that! You can run it without some kind of engine management but it is NOT recommended. "NOT" is the key word lol

Please DO NOT install anything besides the catback exhaust until you get engine management/a tune! It will hurt you in the long run. You want to keep your engine right??!

Listen to Mr. Brfatal!

Update

I now have a Cobb Accessport (running Stage 2 map), turbo back exhaust, and up-pipe. What should I do next? I dont want to go fmic until I get a new front bumper with a big mouth so i can fully utilize the whole fmic. Would fuel pump and injectors be a good idea, or should i wait for a bigger turbo to do that?

I Support ClubWRX
    I now have a Cobb Accessport (running Stage 2 map), turbo back exhaust, and up-pipe. What should I do next? I dont want to go fmic until I get a new front bumper with a big mouth so i can fully utilize the whole fmic. Would fuel pump and injectors be a good idea, or should i wait for a bigger turbo to do that?
    Custom reflash

Things to go with the custom reflash:
    Walbro GSS342
    Quality intake (e.g., APS 65mm CAI)

I wouldn't bother with injectors if you're only going to run a pump gas map (e.g., not going E85).

UNYSOC

supadank

i have a o7 sti with a cobb short ram intake, turbosmart dual port bov, invidia catless downpipe, and hks catback with cobb stage2 93 map. It runs great. A couple of times over boost engine code(real i think, it only really happened in 6th going 100mph accelerating the computer or map flash has something to do with it but no problems).cleared codes with the access port and haven't had it happen again being in 4th or 5th thru 80-155mph.
    i don't have a uppipe i hear it a waste of money(don't really know).
    thinking about sway bars and end links for next upgrade. i hear that it night and day in handling. then coilovers...

if anyone has suggestions on good quality brands for other future performance upgrade, I would very much appreciated it.

thanx
    scooby4life

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.