Looking to buy WRX STI - and I'm probably the oldest guy on site!

This is a discussion on Looking to buy WRX STI - and I'm probably the oldest guy on site! within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; The Lingenfelter Vette is gone. The Lingenfelter / Revenge GTO is gone. Garage is empty. "Sorta getting ready for retirement" ...

kgc

Looking to buy WRX STI - and I'm probably the oldest guy on site!

The Lingenfelter Vette is gone. The Lingenfelter / Revenge GTO is gone.

Garage is empty. "Sorta getting ready for retirement" in a couple of years.

I have a long commute on freeway and a very twisty canyon road - 112 miles RT per day.

Want something that's relatively fast, handles well, and good gas mileage.

I've never owned this type of car before - always big horsepower Vettes, etc.

I live in San Francisco Bay Area - If care is modded..that's even better, as long as it can be a reliable daily driver.

Gotta be manual trans. Color not important.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    YOu might be right. At least oldest of the "active" members anyway. We have multiple who are retired/semi retired and/or within 10 years of you but not many your age that are really active currently.

Welcome to the club though!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

The WRX or STI meet all the requirements. Mpg varies. Some folks get mid 20's and others are below 20. Depends on how much you enjoy the right pedal. I have an STI and for an out of the box car it handles for me fantastically and acceleration is decent enough that I most likely won't screw with it any. You can mod these cars as much as your pocket change will let you.
    Reliability related to ringland failures has been a sore spot for a few years now. There is no definite high miliage or abuse related to these failures. some happen below 5K miles some much later. some cars stock some are really tweaked hard. Other than that there is no reliability issues.

The Sti loves windy roads. The WRX is also a good choice.
    2009 STI WRB
    The light at the end of the tunnel is most likely an oncoming train

I Support ClubWRX
    Either choice you make I am sure you will love it. If you want an amazing stock vehicle Id choose the sti over the wrx. If you want a better fuel economy but want to modify and tweak the car Id choose the WRX.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

kgc

Thanks

I appreciate the information.

My 800HP Lingenfelter (pro-charged) Vette was a monster on the street. It really liked 93 octane fuel which is hard to get in CA. That car could take almost any abuse - but it just got to be too much - and it sat in the garage during our rainy season (nov - mar)

Mid-20's in mileage is very acceptable

Maybe I'll find someone who has a nice one for sale.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have an 04 Z06. Definately not the same power as yours but I know what you mean. My Z06 is for sale, but my Subarus are not Im not sure if you would be interested but you may take a look at the GT model Legacy's or the SPEC B as well. They are also great cars. Either way unfortunately sometimes all 4 models can be difficult to find at times. Usually Capitol Subaru near you or Oregon City Subaru in Portland have a lot of used ones. I have also seen quite a few at Reno Subaru in Nevada.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC