wanted:03' wrx coilovers

This is a discussion on wanted:03' wrx coilovers within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; looking for a descent used coilover setup, maybe anyone selling anything from 0-0, any brand just not tein basics or ...

wanted:03' wrx coilovers

looking for a descent used coilover setup, maybe anyone selling anything from $400-$600, any brand just not tein basics or super streets, i already had them and they werent low enough, thanks alot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

oh and also if anyone has an invidia n1 race CBE for sale please let me know, thanks again

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    WRXs aren't meant to be slammed.

I Support ClubWRX
    just buy some new BC's...

You don't sound like you're in it for performance, and the BC's are cheap, and can lower fairly low.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

pretty much im going for fitment with an aggressive wheel setup, so yea im not really looking for the performance aspect, my car is meant for whatever i want it for, as is everyone else on this website, but anyway yea i was looking at BC coils they seem descent thanks, maybe ill look into who has them for the best price.

brfatal last time I checked no one cares about your opinion so the next time you want to post something dont be a **** about it. By the way last time I checked coilovers are the way to go....First if you want to go low......If you want maximum performance in cornering. On the other hand bugeye7 if you want to do things the legit way go with coilovers. There are also many postings on nasioc as well. By the way brfatal enjoy your day.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainjjm View Post
    brfatal last time I checked no one cares about your opinion so the next time you want to post something dont be a **** about it. By the way last time I checked coilovers are the way to go....First if you want to go low......If you want maximum performance in cornering. On the other hand bugeye7 if you want to do things the legit way go with coilovers. There are also many postings on nasioc as well. By the way brfatal enjoy your day.
    All I said was "Subarus aren't meant to be slammed". Ya, I'm somehow magically a **** for saying that....

Your thoughts are very simplistic on this issue. Springs and struts will exceed the needs of 99% of Subaru owners who modify their suspension. And the vast majority people who do buy coilovers don't even bother to go thru the process of evaluation by trial with different setting needed to get that edge out of their coilovers. They set them and forget them or just leave the manufacturer settings on. That is irrelevant as the OP said he isn't interested in handling.

For the record, I'm one of the many who advocate against the use of aggressive fitment wheels and slammed cars. The OP seems to know that neither of these will be good for his car or it's performance, I was just questioning why he would pick aesthetic mods over reliability and performance and if he knew the implications.

Anyways.
    Last edited by brfatal; 11-16-2009 at 01:16 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    CaptainJJM:

This is your only warning. Bugeye7 already said he wasn't looking for performance, he was looking for looks. brfatal contested that WRXs aren't meant to be "slammed". He is right.. the AWD platform, and suspension set-up that WRXs use are not in the least bit conducive for "slamming". He was voicing an opinion.

If you feel that you need to flex your internet muscles, go elsewhere. Your kind isn't welcome here. If you can have rational discussions with rational comments, then feel free to stay. Again, this is your only warning.

-Kevin (Moderator)
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    lol @ Raymundo
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    lol @ Raymundo
    :insert Ben Stein's ClearEyes Commercial here:
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

By the way moderator Kevin for someone who's says awd platforms should not be really low next time look at a time attack car and let me know how their cars sits. I don't like your t judgment on the way an awd car should sit. By the way your car runs 13.6 at 98 with 300hp maybe there should be research somewhere else.

I Support ClubWRX
    By the way moderator Kevin for someone who's says awd platforms should not be really low next time look at a time attack car and let me know how their cars sits. I don't like your t judgment on the way an awd car should sit. By the way your car runs 13.6 at 98 with 300hp maybe there should be research somewhere else.
    Dude, that was @ 6,000'

Also, how many dedicated time attack cars do you see on the street?

And one last point, if you are just here to cause problems, which is my supposition, you will not be here long. Why don't you just kick back and enjoy the club? It's a great place with a lot of helpful members, if you are chill.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, those time attack cars have everything stock except some coilovers.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey there sweetheart...

13.6 was actually run at somewhere around 8,000 feet density altitude. If you don't know what density altitude is... Then you don't know jack about drag racing. That same night I ran against a brand new C6 corvette that was owned by a pro-comp driver. He got a .076 reaction time, and a 14.5 ET (elapsed time). This is altitude. Stock STi's do mid to high 14's. Stock WRX's do approximately 16 flats. that 13.6 with a 1.8 60ft would turn into a mid 12 at sea level. It's an incredible time considering my modifications. Before you spout off your wealth of knowledge you need to enjoy a moment of introspection.

You now have 3 moderators and one administrator's attention. Either shape up, or ship out.
    Last edited by Sinister; 11-18-2009 at 07:08 PM.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ