turbo inlet tube ebay
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on turbo inlet tube ebay within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Has anyone used a turbo inlet hose from ebay? Have you or have you not had success with these? I ...

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX

turbo inlet tube ebay

Has anyone used a turbo inlet hose from ebay? Have you or have you not had success with these? I need a new one for my 03 wrx but i dont have $200 to buy one. Here are a few I found:

OBX Turbo Inlet Induction Hose Subaru WRX EJ20 Impreza :eBay Motors (item 350263521374 end time Nov-09-09 11:34:45 PST)

subaru WRX STI GDA GDB silicone turbo inlet hose:eBay Motors (item 370284596338 end time Dec-02-09 14:51:14 PST)
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i would like to hear some advice about these as well.... price is right but hopefully the quality is decent.
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    Stage II 04' WRX Black (Performance Race Solutions Tuned 310whp)
    "its never enough"

I've known some people who've bought those really cheap ones and they don't fit usually. Buy it and try it. I'd just buy a gimmick or something like that.

I Support ClubWRX
    if it is just the chance of ot fitting thans thats no big deal because they accecpt refunds, but a matter of it cracking, or rupturing or something else is a chance i dont want to take...
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs
    I've known some people who've bought those really cheap ones and they don't fit usually. Buy it and try it. I'd just buy a gimmick or something like that.
    Gimmick is just a rebadged eBay inlet.

If you want quality ... Perrin (once they did the reinforced ones) / Samco for silicone inlets, and APS for hard inlets
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post

If you want quality ... Perrin (once they did the reinforced ones) / Samco for silicone inlets, and APS for hard inlets
    is it even possbile to get the aps inlet i can't find one....

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    i bought my silicone turbo inlet from ebay. Perfect fit, no problems. Friend of mine has one on his bugeye as well with no problems
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Was the one you got on ebay, an ebay one or was it a perrin or a name brand off of ebay?
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    ebay brand. I think i got it for under 100 shipped brand new.

Here is a link to one. Pobably not the exact same vendor but you get the idea.

Subaru WRX/STi Silicone Turbo Inlet 02-07 in Blue:eBay Motors (item 170403856527 end time Nov-13-09 18:55:41 PST)
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post

I'm gonna disagree with that. My buddy bought a couple different ebay silicone inlet pipes and he had no luck with getting them to fit. Something with one of the parts was to far up and would get caught under the manifold not being able to get it on. He then bought a Gimmick and fit no problem. That's just his experience though. Maybe they've changed and they fit now.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    I'm gonna disagree with that. My buddy bought a couple different ebay silicone inlet pipes and he had no luck with getting them to fit. Something with one of the parts was to far up and would get caught under the manifold not being able to get it on. He then bought a Gimmick and fit no problem. That's just his experience though. Maybe they've changed and they fit now.
    So do you like the ebay ones, or would you not recommend them?
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

Quote Originally Posted by yamaha_rider619 View Post
    So do you like the ebay ones, or would you not recommend them?
    If you read what I typed you would read that the ones my friend bought did not fit. Therefore I would not recommend them. But this was also a couple years ago so maybe they changed. Pretty much you get what you pay for. You'll have to make that decision.

I Support ClubWRX
    lets just say i bought one of these and many of you were right. The area where the bov connects to inlet doesnt line up at all, or even close for that matter. I can get the hose in, with half of it sticking out. I have a boost leak now. So now i need to buy another one, im going back to stock, its safer on my wallet.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

I wasnt even aware that the BOV connects to the inlet pipe, thought the BOV was attached to the TMIC. Man, this car confuses me all the time. Wish I learned about it when I was younger then now. I still feel like its a chance worth taking, the price and if it didnt fit why not send it back. I can spare less then 100 dollars to try it out. And if it doesnt fit send it back, thats worth the try.
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    Stage II 04' WRX Black (Performance Race Solutions Tuned 310whp)
    "its never enough"

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    Gimmick IS rebadged eBay. They don't have to be made in the same factory for them both to be cheaper parts. The older Gimmick still collapses like other eBay models, though I've read they are having a wire frame added to solve that like what Perrin did when theirs were collapsing under boost.

Quote Originally Posted by AsILayDying View Post
    I wasnt even aware that the BOV connects to the inlet pipe, thought the BOV was attached to the TMIC. Man, this car confuses me all the time. Wish I learned about it when I was younger then now. I still feel like its a chance worth taking, the price and if it didnt fit why not send it back. I can spare less then 100 dollars to try it out. And if it doesnt fit send it back, thats worth the try.
    It does attach to the TMIC. The recirculation hose attaches to the inlet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.