turbo inlet tube ebay - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on turbo inlet tube ebay within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by brfatal Gimmick IS rebadged eBay. They don't have to be made in the same factory for them ...

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Gimmick IS rebadged eBay. They don't have to be made in the same factory for them both to be cheaper parts. The older Gimmick still collapses like other eBay models, though I've read they are having a wire frame added to solve that like what Perrin did when theirs were collapsing under boost.

It does attach to the TMIC. The recirculation hose attaches to the inlet.
    Any actual proof of this or is this what someone wrote in a thread somewhere because they both look the same and have the same colors?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Gimmick IS rebadged eBay. They don't have to be made in the same factory for them both to be cheaper parts. The older Gimmick still collapses like other eBay models, though I've read they are having a wire frame added to solve that like what Perrin did when theirs were collapsing under boost.

It does attach to the TMIC. The recirculation hose attaches to the inlet.
    Thank you for clarification on that brfatal. Now I know... thanks
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    Stage II 04' WRX Black (Performance Race Solutions Tuned 310whp)
    "its never enough"

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    Any actual proof of this or is this what someone wrote in a thread somewhere because they both look the same and have the same colors?
    I've been present to uninstall an eBayer that wasn't holding up to install a Gimmick and the construction was identical except for the branding.

I've been present to uninstall an eBayer that wasn't holding up to install a Gimmick and the construction was identical except for the branding.
    Sweet proof.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sweet proof.
    Take it or leave it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Take it or leave it.
    some people just don't get why a $100.00 turbo inlet pipe is inferior to $300.00 ones...
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

i got the x02 racing inlet and so far all the nipples fit and it does slide over the turbo w/ force. fits nice and snug too..It seemed to have gotten rid of my cel p0171 running lean due to rip on stock inlet rip at the clamp at turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    some people just don't get why a $100.00 turbo inlet pipe is inferior to $300.00 ones...
    Please, I'm no noob. But to come out and make claims like that with zero proof is kinda dumb really. One guy says something he has no factual evidence of and next thing you know everyone with a wrx thinks it's true. I've seen this game played before.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs
    Please, I'm no noob. But to come out and make claims like that with zero proof is kinda dumb really. One guy says something he has no factual evidence of and next thing you know everyone with a wrx thinks it's true. I've seen this game played before.
    GMS lives up to their name. Their shifters snap in half, and are an exact copy of Kartboy's design (a person whose shifter broke sent it to Tom and it fit in his welding mold perfectly). Their inlets collapse on a basis consistent with those you get on eBay. He buys cheap Chinese parts and stamps his logo on them, but charges a premium price. The difference between GMS and the eBay inlets is the logo. If you ever held the two side by side, you'd see that they're the same (you may be able to find a brand or two of "eBay inlets" that aren't identical, but it's the same as a lot of them).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    you mean like with other gimmick products? or with agency power products? or vivid racing products?
    Just sayin...
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    you mean like with other gimmick products? or with agency power products? or vivid racing products?
    Just sayin...
    You're just saying what?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs
    You're just saying what?
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257
    GMS lives up to their name.
    I can't speak for Kevin, but I'm guessing he's agreeing with my post.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Eh, I got the Perrin.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    GMS lives up to their name. Their shifters snap in half, and are an exact copy of Kartboy's design (a person whose shifter broke sent it to Tom and it fit in his welding mold perfectly). Their inlets collapse on a basis consistent with those you get on eBay. He buys cheap Chinese parts and stamps his logo on them, but charges a premium price. The difference between GMS and the eBay inlets is the logo. If you ever held the two side by side, you'd see that they're the same (you may be able to find a brand or two of "eBay inlets" that aren't identical, but it's the same as a lot of them).
    Don't know how I missed this. But what I was asking is where is the actual proof? All those companies that make silicone hoses yeah are look a like, and yeah they are silicone hoses. They also all are a product that was made for the same exact part so they look identical. But all experiences I've heard from ebay pipes was that you may hit the lottery and it'll fit. For the Gimick I have barley heard one not fitting. That right there tells me they are made from a different mold.

I Support ClubWRX
    They also all are a product that was made for the same exact part so they look identical.
    So then why do all of the different brands look so different?

BPM vs Samco vs Perrin vs APS...?

If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, sh!ts like a duck... it's probably a...
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.