kaaz 5spd

This is a discussion on kaaz 5spd within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; kazz 5spd 1st -3rd straight cut close ratio gearset. this is the whole complete trans. with a spec stage 2+ ...

kaaz 5spd

kazz 5spd 1st -3rd straight cut close ratio gearset. this is the whole complete trans. with a spec stage 2+ clutch for the price of just a gear set. in a few hours you could have the trans in they car and running. im asking $3000.00 and worth it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by slowsuby View Post
    kazz 5spd 1st -3rd straight cut close ratio gearset. this is the whole complete trans. with a spec stage 2+ clutch for the price of just a gear set. in a few hours you could have the trans in they car and running. im asking $3000.00 and worth it.
    IIRC gears need to be installed in pairs, 1-2, 3-4, 5-R.
    So is 3 and 4 strait cut or is it just 1 and 2?

1st 2nd 3rd are all straight cut here is a link to a shop selling the same gear set. this is not a picture of the actual transmision. mine is complete and ready to go in the car.

MZM International Inc. - Kaaz Synchromesh Close Ratio Gearset for WRX, Gear Sets, WRXKAAZSM

COOL! I didn't know that was possible. Thanks for the link, and good luck with the sale

this is the best deal i can find for a built trans on any of the subaru websites someone need to buy this thing from me.

I Support ClubWRX
    Where are you located... also... what year is the transmission from. 02-05 work together, and 06-07 work together.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

im in florida and the trans is for a 02 - 05. the only difference should be the axleswhich you can pick up cheap. i would think that if you you have an 06 you would be more willing to swap whole drive train. the gears are to long they must have changed it for gas mileage. compare that gearing to any gearset for any kinda racing there all shorter.

I Support ClubWRX
    im in florida and the trans is for a 02 - 05. the only difference should be the axleswhich you can pick up cheap. i would think that if you you have an 06 you would be more willing to swap whole drive train. the gears are to long they must have changed it for gas mileage. compare that gearing to any gearset for any kinda racing there all shorter.
    final drive also went from 3.9 to 3.7. The actually engine RPM to wheel RPM output is unchanged. The major difference is the fact that I'd have to get a different rear end for these gears. I'm not wanting to have to get a new rear differential as well. Bit of a PITA
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

yah i under stand what your saying about not wanting to change the rear end, but thats what im saying. changeing your gearing with 300hp you should notice a big difference in acceleration. also with longer first gear to get you going out if the hole and less stress on the drive train and when you hit 5th gear the car wont die as bad because this trany has no over drive. if your not willing to do a little extra thats cool and i honestley thank you for bringing it up for the other people that are looking.

sinister,

you do not have to change the rear end gear it will work fine 3.90 would work better, the only thing is your speedo will be of a little. you can order the part from kaaz to corect it though.

I Support ClubWRX
    sinister,

you do not have to change the rear end gear it will work fine 3.90 would work better, the only thing is your speedo will be of a little. you can order the part from kaaz to corect it though.

The following is from a PM sent to slowsuby

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister
    Yes I would have to. The gear ratio on the 06/07 REAR DIFF is actually different. It's designed to match the final drive of the 06/07 transmission. If I used a different final drive transmission with the same ration rear diff, then the front wheels would be moving at a different rate of speed than the rears. This would obviously create a problem driving, and ultimately ruin the rear diff, front diff, or more than likely the center diff.

If I got the gearset from KAAZ and installed it myself... the final drive would remain the same as i have now. The gear ratios themselves would change, but my final drive would remain the same. That's why they offer the speedo gear that's accurate for my 3.7 final drive.

The KAAZ gearset does not replace the final drive gear. It only replaces your driving gears.

By installing your completely built 3.9 final drive transmission into my vehicle that has a 3.7 final drive compatible rear differential, I'd be making a very costly mistake.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ