Need a motor!!!ej20 please!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need a motor!!!ej20 please!! within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey guys i am looking for a motor for my 03 wrx. i had baught the car last year and ...

Need a motor!!!ej20 please!!

Hey guys i am looking for a motor for my 03 wrx. i had baught the car last year and drove it for 2 months and then i spun a rod bearing and bent the crank. lol but then i had it bored to .30 over and upgraded to a bigger turbo but than when i got everything done i droped two valves in my left head... SUCKED!!! lol but now i am looking for a stock motor so please help me out!!

i need a motor off of a 02 or 03 ( EJ20 ) 2.0.... need it ASAP if you have one i need it asap.. let me no in a pm...... or where i can get one i tried alot of places but i couldnt find one and the dealer wants to much let mo no what you have ..

i am located in waterloo Ia. i will pay extra for shipping/.........

thanks.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My suggestion/recommendation would be to price getting an STI block and throw your 2.0 heads on there. I've danced this dance twice and in the end the hybrid ended up costing only $300 more than my first 2.0 replacement engine with 44k miles on it. Only now I have an STI block with only 1500 miles, isn't going anywhere, and lays down more hp than my 2.0 ever could....just thought I'd throw that out there since you bored your other one out I figured you'd be up for suggestions...lol.

Otherwise I got my used engine from an auto salvage search company online. Try that or post this same post in Nabisco and any other forums you can find...someone usually has something laying around. I have an ej20 longblock in my garage but it still has a spun bearing otherwise I'd offer that up to you.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Sooby-Doo; 05-27-2009 at 08:37 PM.
    S&R Built 2.5/2.0 '03 Hybrid w/ PE1818
    Scott Siegel Tuned 308whp/320wtq
    Vogtland Club Spec Springs on KYB AGX's

******* I BOOST, therefore I AM! *******

bumppp..

please needd motor cant see my subi without a motor again..

Bump need motor..
    thx

dude I saw two on ebay today. Also you could always try tiger japanese they are fairly cheap with low miles. its tiger japanese.com just a heads up

I need one also for my 2002. i know that the 03 is the same, but how about a 04-05 wrx engine? is it exactly the same or is there a difference? also, if you find a place that have our engines for a reasonable price, please tell me. thanks.

also, i tried tigerjapanese, but they dont have any for our models(02-03)

Quote Originally Posted by skivang View Post
    I need one also for my 2002. i know that the 03 is the same, but how about a 04-05 wrx engine? is it exactly the same or is there a difference? also, if you find a place that have our engines for a reasonable price, please tell me. thanks.
    Any 2.0 will fit. Any 2.5 you can use the block only but not the heads. The heads on a 2.5 are Drive by Wire whereas the heads on a 2.0 are Drive by Cable. You can do a full ej257 swap but will have to convert your gas peddle, wiring harness and ECU in order to use it (too much of a PITA IMO).

Therefore your options are to put your 2.0 heads on a 2.5 block and end up with a hybrid such as mine....or find a used 2.0 longblock....or get a new 2.0 block from a dealer.

The new 2.0 blocks and the new 2.5 blocks are about $100 difference. It seems silly to me to spend the same amount of $$ and end up with a POS 2.0 that won't produce anywhere near the torque or hp that a hybrid will.

But to each their own...those are your options either way Good luck!
    S&R Built 2.5/2.0 '03 Hybrid w/ PE1818
    Scott Siegel Tuned 308whp/320wtq
    Vogtland Club Spec Springs on KYB AGX's

******* I BOOST, therefore I AM! *******

You can also check local wrecking yards at Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
    If you're set on the 2.0L for a 02-03 WRX, then you can find them for about $2000 (entire engine, heads, and turbo).

gil
    HYBRID909 is selling one on this forum
    With great power comes great responsibility

thx for helping me out.. everyone that i run apon they want to much for the motor so i am still currently w/o a motor let me no if you have any more places to look at..or if you have one
    thanks

gil
    Have you looked on Nasioc ?
    With great power comes great responsibility

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    You can also check local wrecking yards at Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
    If you're set on the 2.0L for a 02-03 WRX, then you can find them for about $2000 (entire engine, heads, and turbo).
    great site. thanks!

We sell some used motors but right now the only one we have has 140K on it probably don't want to go with that one... otherwise Welcome to Osaka Official Webite they have a pretty large selection mostly low mileage and JDM they also ship

I may have one that you can buy very soon cause i just picked up a EJ25 how soon do you need it and it would just be a block, crank, pistons, and rods.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.