FS: Cobb Accessport v1 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on FS: Cobb Accessport v1 within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; If he is not a scammer he should refund the payment instead of sending a bogus eCheck to PayPal. I ...

scammer or not? Let's verify it...

If he is not a scammer he should refund the payment instead of sending a bogus eCheck to PayPal. I would accept a refund only at this point based on the messages I got from the seller. After he is ready to sell he should post it for sale again. This is assuming that he is honest. The ball is in his court.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by 92xAero View Post
    If he is not a scammer he should refund the payment instead of sending a bogus eCheck to PayPal. I would accept a refund only at this point based on the messages I got from the seller. After he is ready to sell he should post it for sale again. This is assuming that he is honest. The ball is in his court.
    Look I don't know what to do, I don't have the $ for a full refund as per your immediate request, but I can either have that $ in a few days, or you can have your Accessport in a few days. It's up to you. I don't want to ship it to you and then have Paypal still give you a refund, then I'm up s***-creek without a paddle.

sounds like a scam again

You can't give me my refund and you can't ship it either, but you had no problem taking my money in full! How does that sound to you?! How is it not a wire fraud? I don't trust you anymore, so I would only accept a full refund. So, either refund it or I am filling a police report and let them deal with this.

Wrinklechops
    You can't give me my refund and you can't ship it either, but you had no problem taking my money in full! How does that sound to you?! How is it not a wire fraud? I don't trust you anymore, so I would only accept a full refund. So, either refund it or I am filling a police report and let them deal with this.
    Look, we can sit here and debate this pointlessly on this thread, or we can handle this the only way it's going to get settled anyways: Paypal. Once Paypal sees the tracking number that proves I've sent it to you, you won't get a refund - you'll get an Accessport.
    You can threaten me with localized police reports and illusions of grandeur of "wire fraud", but I know that it was not my intent to deprive you of your financial resources without a product to show for it. It's funny, I just got finished up with my Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice, and I remember a capstone project on interstate commerce wire fraud You really don't want to go down that road, like I said before. A local police agency probably will take the report for you and make you feel better, but in reality won't take much action afterward on your behalf. Also, a lawyer is going to cost you a lot more than an Accessport and this whole drama-fest to get me into court. Then they'd have to prove that it was my INTENT to scam you, which it was not. If they cannot prove intent, there is no charge. And if you want to waste your time doing all that, by the time it even gets that far, Paypal will have already settled and closed the issue because you will have received your Accessport.

I'm done here - see you on Paypal.

And for everyone else reading this, I'm sorry.

I don't want the AccessPort from you I want the refund instead and I have emails to prove that I specifically asked for a refund and not for the AccessPort. I will refuse your shipment. We would also see about the police report. We'll see what your local police department would say about it. So, it is not over. Everyone else reading this, stay away from this guy.

I Support ClubWRX
    I suspect that this is just a misunderstanding...

Having said that, I can understand why the buyer is miffed. He sent money, you didn't send item as promised, AND for some reason couldn't give him a full refund? Put yourself in his shoes. Regardless of your intent in the situation, this is not how people want their transactions to take place.

Unfortunately, what's done is done with regard to the PayPal transaction, so I would suggest that the buyer see it through and get the AP that he originally wanted. It strikes me as unlikely that legal action will accomplish anything here; the best bet is for each of you to put a gag on your ego reflex, and settle it out.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

The reason it is not a misunderstanding but fraud is because when I asked for a refund he paid it with a bogus check which was declined by the bank.

I Support ClubWRX
    Just trying to make peace if possible. I frequently use PayPal to send/receive money, but don't have a clue about how you could do so fraudulently. Perhaps he tried to send an e-check, not realizing that he had insufficient funds to cover it..?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

PayPal did not give me all details. All I know is that he sent a refund to PayPal which was declined by the issuing bank, so that PayPal could not refund my money. In the meantime the $330 I paid him he already transfered to his account.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfieldswrx View Post
    just trying to make peace if possible. I frequently use paypal to send/receive money, but don't have a clue about how you could do so fraudulently. Perhaps he tried to send an e-check, not realizing that he had insufficient funds to cover it..?
    +1
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Wrinklechops
    Shipped.

UPS: 1Z951VW20395003615

https://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track]

This shipping # does not have any tracking info yet... Moreover, after everything how can I trust now that you actually shipped the right item in a working condition?

I Support ClubWRX
    This shipping # does not have any tracking info yet... Moreover, after everything how can I trust now that you actually shipped the right item in a working condition?
    You wait 3 days, and find out... what other options do you have? You've turned into a bit of a drama queen. I fully understand your frustrations, but I personally have seen Lundholm08's AP in full working condition (last week actually). It sounds more like you're here to stir up trouble than get what you asked for originally.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Wrinklechops
    Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see, won't we? What can I say to soothe your fears? I hope my actions will speak louder than words, and you will enjoy the Accessport as much as I did.

I even threw in this USB/Serial adapter for free that I used to hook up my laptop to the ECU and run RomRaider and do some logging.

The # has little to no info on it because I dropped it off late on a Saturday, and they said with Memorial Day being Monday, it's gonna take some time.

Well, now we can all track it. It's like we're part of the action.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast