2009 sti heads needed

This is a discussion on 2009 sti heads needed within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; i just bought a blown 2009 forester xt complete motor (rod bearing was out like all of them will) and ...

2009 sti heads needed

i just bought a blown 2009 forester xt complete motor (rod bearing was out like all of them will) and I am going to build it up a little bit and have it as an extra. But i need some sti heads for it.
    any help would be appreciated,
    and for all of you wrx owners, these are the new heads which subaru redesigned and thats why the new wrxs have more power. these WILL swap straight onto whatever year wrx, forester giving it garunteed 25 extra whp and torque. i will be selling them

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lightning_wrx View Post
    and for all of you wrx owners, these are the new heads which subaru redesigned and thats why the new wrxs have more power. these WILL swap straight onto whatever year wrx, forester giving it garunteed 25 extra whp and torque. i will be selling them
    Are you serious?

The new WRX is more powerful because it has a bigger turbo. This will not be a straight swap as you will need a proper wiring harness and ECU to use the AVCS on non-AVCS equipped cars. And you won't get 25 whp/tq just from changing to these heads.
    Last edited by brfatal; 04-08-2009 at 11:34 PM.

we did this to a friend of mines 05 wrx and it went straight across, wiring harness matched up fine

and the cams were changed also

in the 2009 heads that is, regardless of that. i need heads can you help? actually any year sti heads will work, just low miles.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    we did this to a friend of mines 05 wrx and it went straight across, wiring harness matched up fine
    But the AVCS is disabled, and that's the slight advantage that these heads have over previous years. What cams were put in?

in the 2009 heads that is, regardless of that. i need heads can you help? actually any year sti heads will work, just low miles.
    Have you checked NASIOC classifieds?

Sure, subaru changed the cam up for 09

No I haven't, I'll do that

I have a set of 08 heads that are exactly the same as the 09s. They have only 2k miles on them. Make me an offer if interested. They are in perfect condition. give me a call if your interested 360-269-2016