sti scoop
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on sti scoop within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; does anyone know what year sti hood scoops would fit on an 06 wrx? all i can find are 02-04. ...

sti scoop

does anyone know what year sti hood scoops would fit on an 06 wrx? all i can find are 02-04. would they fit? and does anyone have one fs?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I asked this awhile ago and I was told the 06 wrx all ready has the same size hood scoop as the STi

na man i dont think so. my scoop is definatly not 4in.

Ah, then I don't know. Sorry!

Ebay. I just looked. There are a number on there. Granted, none of them are 4", but there are "raised" and 3" ones.
    Owner of the Budget Baller
    Bugeye Mafia #201
    Current mods: CAI, SPT exhaust, D-specs w/RCE Yellows, F/R Group N top hats, JDM lip kit, LWFW, F/R sways and endlinks, morettes, tuned at Agile Auto (10/9/10)
    Next project: EvoIII-16g, pnp, 850 injectors, fuel pump, and a little secret.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    the years are not interchangable.
    02-03 will fit 02-03
    04-05 will fit 04-05, etc etc.

& yes the hood scoops are the same size for the wrx & sti on the 06/07 models. it's the splitter that's different

STI

WRX

also- for more proof:

wrx hood scoop vs. sti hood scoop - NASIOC
    Last edited by wrxtreme06; 04-01-2009 at 11:58 AM.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

nice research haha. thanks for the info just thought the sti ones just looked sicker for some reason and seem bigger.

I Support ClubWRX
    on the 04/05 they were bigger... but with the redesign of the hood, there is a lot more airflow available apparently

If you REALLY want a bigger scoop, they make Carbon Fiber aftermarket ones that are bigger, but you'd have to repaint it or have an ugly cf scoop with a colored hood. Black cf on black hood wouldn't look bad though if your car is black!
    Last edited by Sinister; 04-01-2009 at 02:00 PM.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

ha true. na mine is white so putting a black aftermarket one and painting it and everything aint even worth my time and would look stupid.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by stage1wrx View Post
    ha true. na mine is white so putting a black aftermarket one and painting it and everything aint even worth my time and would look stupid.
    I agree.. I like the more subtle scoop... it looks sleeker and more aggressive than any of the other years.

The 04/05 STi hood is just massive... and the 02/03 is wayyy to small. The integrated hood isn't very attractive to me on the new ones, but I love the integrated scoop on the Legacy turbos!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallHoodScoop View Post
    I like the more subtle scoop... it looks sleeker and more aggressive than any of the other years.

The 04/05 STi hood is just massive...
    Unless it's on my car MUHAHAHAHAHHAHA

OK yea it's a little obnoxious, but the way I see it, it'll either make people think I have an STi and/or it will increase my air flow slightly - no? It's gonna look goofy until I can paint it my stock body color.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.