COBB or Vishnu or ECUtek for my '05 WRX? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on COBB or Vishnu or ECUtek for my '05 WRX? within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by lundholm08 I'm going to make that call cuz I'm super confused now. I've heard both that the ...

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    I'm going to make that call cuz I'm super confused now. I've heard both that the dealer can't find out and that they can I don't know who to believe! AHHHHH lol. COBB said the dealer can't find out, but I'm sure the dealer will tell me that they can find out.

Ugh. I just want the AP.
    Ask them if they can read the checksum value.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Used Cobb access port V1's are out there for cheep. I got mine going on 2 years ago for $450... and i have seen them go for as cheep as $375. if you look on there web page they have a power map for most every stage of tuning from a stock car up to maps for a VF39 with sti injectors and a STI TMIC that will put you up past 300+ HP to the wheels. there is also Street tuner available for the cobb V1 that gives you the ability to tweek there maps for your car. don't quote me on this but i think you can send any V1 access port to Cobb and they will put street tuner on it for free.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by musclecarsuck View Post
    Used Cobb access port V1's are out there for cheep. I got mine going on 2 years ago for $450... and i have seen them go for as cheep as $375. if you look on there web page they have a power map for most every stage of tuning from a stock car up to maps for a VF39 with sti injectors and a STI TMIC that will put you up past 300+ HP to the wheels. there is also Street tuner available for the cobb V1 that gives you the ability to tweek there maps for your car. don't quote me on this but i think you can send any V1 access port to Cobb and they will put street tuner on it for free.
    Yea, I'm super excited to get mine...should be in the mail soon...

If you look on Seattle criagslist there is a Cobb access port V2 up for $475 obo
    Cobb Accessport for Subaru WRX

There is also 2 turbo xs ecutechs up right now one for $250, the other for $120
    subaru sti turboxs UTEC
    turbo xs piggyback for 03 wrx

i dono where you are so just ask if they will ship

Wrinklechops
    Now that's a good idea...try other major cities craigslist.... I've been just focusing on Denver...

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjott21 View Post
    If you make an exact copy of the ROM that is on your ECU how will they be able to tell if the car has been flashed? It will have the correct serial numbers and whatnot in it if it was taken from your ECU.
    And being the noob I am at tuning, is it easy to make an exact copy of the stock ECU and store it (on your computer?) for future use should you need it?

And regarding this whole warranty denial thing... Would just a downpipe/turbo-back-exhaust WITHOUT any tune at all void your warranty? I ask only because I remember them asking me if I had a turbo-back exhaust at the dealer when my engine blew...

It is very easy to back up your ROM. The hardest part of doing it is hooking up the green test connectors under the dash. And that is pretty easy once you figure out where they are.

Warranty denial is going to depend on the dealership. If you have any power modifications most of the dealerships are going to deny your claim.
    My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.