FS: brand new black brembos

This is a discussion on FS: brand new black brembos within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I am selling a brand new set of brembo calipers that were supposed to go on my WRX in a ...

FS: brand new black brembos

I am selling a brand new set of brembo calipers that were supposed to go on my WRX in a 5x114 swap. I have opted to go a different route and just need to get rid of them. They are the same ones that come on the STi Limited. $1500 shipped. This is front and rear.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    $1500. lol.
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangtx63 View Post
    $1500. lol.
    Brand new? That's actually a really good price.

USED sets sell for that much on eBay. Hell, used standard gold STI brembos sell for nearly that much. A NEW limited black set??

If I had $1500, I'd be all over it.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I will give you $15 and not a penny more! Just bought exhaust and other stuff and paid rent. No brembos for me

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    Brand new? That's actually a really good price.

USED sets sell for that much on eBay. Hell, used standard gold STI brembos sell for nearly that much. A NEW limited black set??

If I had $1500, I'd be all over it.
    Used sets including calipers, lines, rotors, pads, etc. If I read correctly, he is selling just the calipers.

I wish I had money... Still rolling on completely stock brakes...

$1500. lol.
    Used sets including calipers, lines, rotors, pads, etc. If I read correctly, he is selling just the calipers.

I wish I had money... Still rolling on completely stock brakes...
    Who the hell do you think you are? Are you even aware of what it costs to get OEM brembo calipers new? They list for better than $650 each and a kit for the front from a vender runs no less than about $1500 and $1700 for the rear. Together that is $3200. With that difference of $1800 you could buy DBA 5000 front and 4000 rear with pads if you shop right and still spend less than the $3200 it would cost for a STOCK kit. Or, you could be a cheap ass, like yourself, and buy upgraded stock rotors for $650 in a crossdrilled or slotted version whereas the dealer rapes you at $350-400 PER front or $325-375 PER rear and. Go this route with my calipers plus (for example) slotted rotors and pads and you have a complete kit for $2500. You find me someone selling these for less and I'll consider dropping my price. Chump.
    Last edited by TRaj2327; 02-26-2009 at 03:47 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaj2327 View Post
    Who the hell do you think you are? Are you even aware of what it costs to get OEM brembo calipers new? They list for better than $650 each and a kit for the front from a vender runs no less than about $1500 and $1700 for the rear. Together that is $3200. With that difference of $1800 you could buy DBA 5000 front and 4000 rear with pads if you shop right and still spend less than the $3200 it would cost for a STOCK kit. Or, you could be a cheap ass, like yourself, and buy upgraded stock rotors for $650 in a crossdrilled or slotted version whereas the dealer rapes you at $350-400 PER front or $325-375 PER rear and. Go this route with my calipers plus (for example) slotted rotors and pads and you have a complete kit for $2500. You find me someone selling these for less and I'll consider dropping my price. Chump.

An attitude like that isn't going to get you any buyers from this site man. Might want to cool your jets and think twice before flying off the handle like that.

Whoa there man, don't lose your temper. I wasn't meaning to upset you or anything. Sure, brand new brembos are expensive. Especially from the dealer. Is that where you aquired these? Are these absolutely mint? Still in the wrapper? Have they been on a vehicle? They're your calipers, sell them for however much you want to, but with the current state of the economy, in my opinion, it's going to be very difficult for you to sell these. My .02. And so what if I'm a cheap ass? I'm a college student. I'm SUPPOSED to be a cheap ass. I'm sorry my unfavorable financial situation offends you.

/end conversation. beware teh banstick.

Whoa there man, don't lose your temper. I wasn't meaning to upset you or anything. Sure, brand new brembos are expensive. Especially from the dealer. Is that where you aquired these? Are these absolutely mint? Still in the wrapper? Have they been on a vehicle? They're your calipers, sell them for however much you want to, but with the current state of the economy, in my opinion, it's going to be very difficult for you to sell these. My .02. And so what if I'm a cheap ass? I'm a college student. I'm SUPPOSED to be a cheap ass. I'm sorry my unfavorable financial situation offends you.

/end conversation. beware teh banstick.
    I wouldn't advertise them as BRAND SPANKIN' NEW if they weren't. They have NEVER been on a car. They have NEVER been out of the box. They are straight from the dealer.

I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldn't advertise them as BRAND SPANKIN' NEW if they weren't. They have NEVER been on a car. They have NEVER been out of the box. They are straight from the dealer.
    The fact of the matter is that you have an attitude about something that isn't even remotely offensive. He simply restated what YOU said in the first place. If anything you could have tactfully corrected him on what you were selling instead of being a jackass.