WTB Intake/ Bov. 09 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WTB Intake/ Bov. 09 wrx within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; will the 03-07 intakes fit this car? i poppped a hood on a 06 sti and the engine looked identical. ...

WTB Intake/ Bov. 09 wrx

will the 03-07 intakes fit this car? i poppped a hood on a 06 sti and the engine looked identical.

Also looking for BBS black rims, will offer money/Brand new stock 09 wrx rims. gunmetal grey.
    Last edited by Bean429; 02-12-2009 at 08:32 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Stock '09 WRXs are not liking intakes for some reason. Lots of people are reporting problems. I'd skip the intake and BOV until the problem is found, otherwise those 2 mods could become quite expensive. It seems to have a very sensitive ECU.

are you trying to destroy your car as quick as possible?

1.) BOV is never good on a wrx because you simply cannot tune for it. get a BPV or a 50/50 valve. they make the same noise pretty much without making you run rich

2.) intake is never good unless you tune your car for it, then an intake will be a nice mod for the 09

just read up as much as you can on here, and nasioc for all the info you need.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ajtoce View Post
    are you trying to destroy your car as quick as possible?

1.) BOV is never good on a wrx because you simply cannot tune for it. get a BPV or a 50/50 valve. they make the same noise pretty much without making you run rich

2.) intake is never good unless you tune your car for it, then an intake will be a nice mod for the 09

just read up as much as you can on here, and nasioc for all the info you need.
    Not true.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Not true.
    well correct me if im wrong, and remember that 08+ is a different story than 02-07. an intake without a tune is not a good thing to do to your car.

im gettin a road tune right when i get the intake. yeah i know i tried to make a custom intake for the car but its a pain to make that MAF sensor sit just right.

I ran a turboxs intake with no problems on a stock tune and dyno pulled 228 hp with my 09.
    R.I.P 2004 Supercharged Miata
    Hellllllooooo 2009 WRX

im trying to make my own intake

having problems making that damn maf sensor sit right. i am guna go to kragen or something tommorow and order the right part to hold it in there.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicFrawg View Post
    I ran a turboxs intake with no problems on a stock tune and dyno pulled 228 hp with my 09.
    are you talking about your first dyno? i thought you were stock cheater

Quote Originally Posted by ajtoce View Post
    are you talking about your first dyno? i thought you were stock cheater
    Would hardly call an intake better than stock. Was a stock tune. I think it was posted stock except CAI

Chris
    R.I.P 2004 Supercharged Miata
    Hellllllooooo 2009 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicFrawg View Post
    Would hardly call an intake better than stock. Was a stock tune. I think it was posted stock except CAI

Chris
    Haha true that Im just giving you a hard time. Although I'm still kinda confused about the 3gen intakes cuz 50% say it's great and 50% say it's terrible, worse than previous models so I don't know what to think about it. Perrin says it's terrible but I can't trust someone who's trying to push a product

Quote Originally Posted by Bean429 View Post
    im gettin a road tune right when i get the intake. yeah i know i tried to make a custom intake for the car but its a pain to make that MAF sensor sit just right.
    What/who is giving you a road tune?

My vote goes to you using your money for a Cobb Accessport before anything.

With it ,you can tune(get Maps e mailed) for any future bolt on's.
    My advice, read a lot,investigate a lot, before spending money on an intake or blow off valve.
    (or turbo timer, HID look bulbs,radiator shroud, grounding kit,)

Aftermarket downpipe/full exhaust, larger top mount,K&N drop in air filter replacement, and a tune with Accessport by an experienced shop (Surgeline Tuning) have netted me a great bump in HP/TQ.(290/315 Mustang Dyno)
    09 WRX 5 door
    DGM
    Surgeline tuned w/bolt on's

I think brack said it best. I'd rep u if I wasn't posting from my iPhone. How long did your surgeline tune take? I'm waiting on mine right now it's been a week

if you end up wanting an intake i have an agency power in perfect condition from my 08 i;m selling

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.