looking for.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on looking for. within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I am looking for a Boost controller and a turbo timer for an 04 STi. Also I am looking for ...

Banned

looking for.

I am looking for a Boost controller and a turbo timer for an 04 STi. Also I am looking for ideas on the best and easiest way to remap my ecu. If you have any of these or any information please send me a private message.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    You do not need a boost controller on your car (with or without a tune....esp not without a tune) and a turbo timer is useless because it doesn't do anything except waste gas.

++++Research more before you spend any money++++

Banned

thanks

my mechanic told me that i need one for this new turbo that i am getting so that i can adjust the boost. we are going to try and run 25psi. plus with the plug and play we just picked up i should be able to tune it just fine. thanks for the reply though

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    What turbo? I haven't seen any smaller oil only cooled WRX flanged turbos in years.

And you don't need to be playing with boost levels (it's bad juju). The tuner can do that with whatever software he is tuning you with.
    Last edited by brfatal; 02-09-2009 at 03:35 AM.

Banned

understand

yeah i get that but all we are using the stand alone for is remaping and louie said i should get one and since i got money to burn i figured why not. it cant hurt to put one on so that i can run low boost on the street and turn it up at the track. i wont need to bring my computer with me. trust me i am not going to run 25psi or higher on the street i will probably run like 18

Banned

performance green

oh yeah the turbo is a performance green rated for 400-480 hp

In the middle of a corn field somewhere in Illinois
    You will have to run a different map for the different boost settings because your boost curve will be different and on the lower boost setting you will be running rich. Most turbos now have a water jacket surrounding the bearings to help keep the turbo cooler and prevent coking.
    OBP 2005 Wrx - Big 16g

Banned

thanks

yeah he did mention something about that. see i will only be going to the track once a week so i will leave it at the setting for street and then when we roll up to the track i can play with it. Thats pretty much what the whole night is set up for is test and tune. I got faith in him he wouldnt be ASE certified if he didnt know what he was doing.

If you want to run two different boost levels TurboXS has a 2 stage bcs that works pretty well. Though you will have to lug around the laptop to change maps.

On a side note my friends home base is Fort Hood though he is in Iraq right now. Killeen is huge now couldn't believe how much it expanded since the last time I went to visit down there.
    OBP 2005 Wrx - Big 16g

Banned

killeen

yeah killeen is awesome i love it there and austin is obviously fun too. my mechanic is opening up a shop in killeen so i will get all my work done for free. since we roll in the same team. So keep your eyes open for a new shop and Team 667

When he gets back I'll have to visit and check out the new shop.
    OBP 2005 Wrx - Big 16g

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by subiarmy24 View Post
    yeah i get that but all we are using the stand alone for is remaping and louie said i should get one and since i got money to burn i figured why not. it cant hurt to put one on so that i can run low boost on the street and turn it up at the track. i wont need to bring my computer with me. trust me i am not going to run 25psi or higher on the street i will probably run like 18
    You can't just crank up the boost. You have to use a completely different tune. The ECU won't automatically accommodate for low street boost and then higher track boost. You need 2 different tunes and you'll need to be able to switch between them.

And as I said, you won't need a boost controller to change boost levels. Getting a good one will allow you to hold boost a little better...but there are cheaper/better things that will do that (3 port boost control solenoid). And oil only cooled FP turbos haven't been made since 2004ish.

What about the turbosmart eboost 2? Doenst that have multiply settings ?

Banned

certified vs. shade tree

okay to the woman who is hell bent on shutting down the idea of a boost control. I am about 100% sure that you are not certified in all 50 states as a mechanic right? okay so leave the maintenance up to the trained professionals. He knows what he is doing and he knows what to put on it. I am pretty sure that since he's built about 15 cars in the past to include 2 different sti's it will be just fine. We are also debating an econ shut off valve you got something to argue about that too?

brfatal's a dude (that his GF), and don't take it so personally he's just helping you out.
    OBP 2005 Wrx - Big 16g

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.