looking for. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on looking for. within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; okay whatever my bad bro but like i said shade tree vs. federal certification you take your pic. he knows ...

Banned

my bad

okay whatever my bad bro but like i said shade tree vs. federal certification you take your pic. he knows what he is doing and he has a plan, infact i know what he is up to but the less people that know what we are doing the better. the killeen/austin area is a real tight area and a lot of fast cars. so when i get back from over here and i roll out i want it to be a surprise to everyone. i do appreciate the help i am sorry if i came off like an a$$ didnt mean to. sometimes the net is a bad way to communicate.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by subiarmy24 View Post
    okay to the woman who is hell bent on shutting down the idea of a boost control. I am about 100% sure that you are not certified in all 50 states as a mechanic right? okay so leave the maintenance up to the trained professionals. He knows what he is doing and he knows what to put on it. I am pretty sure that since he's built about 15 cars in the past to include 2 different sti's it will be just fine. We are also debating an econ shut off valve you got something to argue about that too?
    No I'm, but I'm pretty sure I know more about Subaru modification.

DSM/F-Body/Civic experience ≠ Subaru experience

Just sayin.

And what do you need a fuel shut off valve for?

I am looking for a Boost controller and a turbo timer for an 04 STi. Also I am looking for ideas on the best and easiest way to remap my ecu. If you have any of these or any information please send me a private message.
    What kind of boost controller are you looking for? Manual? Or electronic?
    Please read this FAQ.
    Boost Control FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC
    Manual ones are bad, because they add boost, but do not add fuel.
    Getting a tune (the electronic method) is the best way to raise or lower the boost.

Turbo times are not necessary on Subaru cars.
    Turbo Timer FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC

econ shut off valve? Is that something that limits the amount of fuel being injected in to the engine? If so, that sounds like a good way to create detonation.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    DSM/F-Body/Civic experience ≠ Subaru experience
    +1

okay to the woman who is hell bent on shutting down the idea of a boost control. I am about 100% sure that you are not certified in all 50 states as a mechanic right? okay so leave the maintenance up to the trained professionals. He knows what he is doing and he knows what to put on it. I am pretty sure that since he's built about 15 cars in the past to include 2 different sti's it will be just fine. We are also debating an econ shut off valve you got something to argue about that too?
    oh man.
    Good luck with your "build".
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

Also I am looking for ideas on the best and easiest way to remap my ecu.
    I didn't see this part of your post before.
    Here is another FAQ for you.
    Tuner FAQ: How to pick one, what to ask of them, and how to prepare for a tune - NASIOC

It would be a good idea to post up a question in the South Central Stats forum entitled "Subaru Tuner in Austin TX?". Then ask if there is a Subaru tuner in that area.
    South Central States - ClubWRX Forum - Subaru Impreza WRX and STi Community and Forums

Cobb makes a complete system (flash hardware and software).
    Or you can also get a Tactrix cable, and flash using Romraider.
    Please ask your tuner which they prefer.

CobbTuning.com - Home Page
    tactrix
    RomRaider - Open Source ECU Tools | Documentation / Rom Raider FAQ

Edit : Get a hold of Keith at awdtuning.com - Main Site - Subaru Performance Tuning
    Last edited by SeattleJeremy; 02-10-2009 at 02:04 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12