I need a downpipe and preferably a hks ssq bov
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on I need a downpipe and preferably a hks ssq bov within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I have a 2003 subaru wrx and i need a new down pipe and a bov. I would prefer a ...

I need a downpipe and preferably a hks ssq bov

I have a 2003 subaru wrx and i need a new down pipe and a bov. I would prefer a hks ssq bov but beggers cant b choosers so ill take watever some one offers me. I desperately need it by this month.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by miacanes1610 View Post

I have a 2003 subaru wrx and i need a new down pipe and a bov. I would prefer a hks ssq bov but beggers cant b choosers so ill take watever some one offers me. I desperately need it by this month.
    Why do you need a BOV?
    02PSMWRX VF39'd STI Killer
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

The piping from my bov to my turbo snapped so i may as well get a whole new bov, n wgile im payin for the labor i may as well get them to install a new downpipe because my jak pierced it

Quote Originally Posted by miacanes1610 View Post
    The piping from my bov to my turbo snapped so i may as well get a whole new bov, n wgile im payin for the labor i may as well get them to install a new downpipe because my jak pierced it
    Get a 3" Downpipe, and try to get your hands on a stock BPV.
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gprwrx
    Get a 3" Downpipe
    Get a downpipe with whatever type of flange you have on your catback - if you have a 3" flat flange, get a 3" flat flange downpipe; if you have a 2.5" donut flange, get a downpipe that tapers to 2.5" donut.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

can you take a look at his bov and see if it looks decent man, thanks.... its a craigslist ad so it's safe haha HKS SSQ BLOW OFF VALVE ORIGINAL

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    Get a downpipe with whatever type of flange you have on your catback - if you have a 3" flat flange, get a 3" flat flange downpipe; if you have a 2.5" donut flange, get a downpipe that tapers to 2.5" donut.

Can you take a look at this craigslist add for me and see if this bov looks decent man, thanks.... HKS SSQ BLOW OFF VALVE ORIGINAL

The HKS SSQV is not a good BOV. It VTA (Vents To Atmosphere)
    which is bad. Trust me on this just buy the stock BPV. Getting a aftermarket BOV will just make your car run very lean and rich. Cause idle problems, etc. etc.
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

Quote Originally Posted by gprwrx View Post
    which is bad. Trust me on this just buy the stock BPV. Getting a aftermarket BOV will just make your car run very lean and rich. Cause idle problems, etc. etc.

thanks a lot man

im sellina cobb 3inch bellmouth dp for 400 bucks........i used it for about 7 months on my sti......if im not mistaken it should fit your wrx.........
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE #79
    DIRTY CREW #79

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gprwrx
    It either runs lean or rich - take your pick

There should be no "idle problems" if the valve is setup properly and isn't leaking - if you're not under boost, the valve is closed.

Any rich condition is minimal (~9.5:1), very short in duration (1-2 rows in a datalog), and only between shifts when in boost.

As for the HKS SSQV - there are better valves on the market (e.g., Tial / APS).

Personally, I'd run the stock valve, though.
    Last edited by EJ257; 01-02-2009 at 06:30 AM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gprwrx View Post
    It's not going to run "very rich and very lean" when you shift. It can bog the car though for a split second and it just won't run as smoothly. The problem with the SSQV is that HKS did a shoddy job when they designed them and they tend to leak. And leaks are what cause a bad idle.

Miacanes,
    I have an Invidia dp that I had on my 03 wagon for about 6 months. I will part with it for $150 + shipping.
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.