Rare WRX parts - prodrive downpipe w/ high flow cat, prodrive 3rd cat del midpipe

This is a discussion on Rare WRX parts - prodrive downpipe w/ high flow cat, prodrive 3rd cat del midpipe within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; SOLD Prodrive downpipe with high-flow cat. These pieces have been on my car for several years now. Downpipe is very ...

Rare WRX parts - prodrive downpipe w/ high flow cat, prodrive 3rd cat del midpipe

SOLD

Prodrive downpipe with high-flow cat.

These pieces have been on my car for several years now. Downpipe is very rare, and is no longer manufactured. I was really into prodrive stuff at one point. The downpipe is in great shape. It's an exhaust piece, so it's not a wear item. The cat is incredibly efficient according to prodrive. This is a well built downpipe.

The issue is this - I'm not sure what to ask for this. edit: After gtting some offers, I have setteled on a price. See below. They were about $700 when new - I actually got mine when I bought a PPP3. The high flow they put in there was apparently very top of the line. please feel free to google "prodrive downpipe" to check out the original price of this thing.

This is exactly what it looks like (has the cat diaper on it and all) and it will mate up to a stock exhaust on 02-05 WRX/STi's (according to this link - STi & WRX Performance Parts: Prodrive Down Pipe, w/ Cat)

$415 shipped

I also have the prodrive 3rd cat delete midpipe. Not as rare as the downpipe, but still not something you see everyday.

It looks like this

$125 shipped for the midpipe.

Last edited by thrdeye; 12-28-2008 at 04:52 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by thrdeye View Post
    The downpipe is in great shape. It's an exhaust piece, so it's not a wear item. The cat is incredibly efficient according to prodrive.
    How about a picture of YOUR Prodrive downpipe? And exhaust is a wear-and-tear item. If it wasn't, then why would people need to replace them after they rust out, brackets break or the cats fail?

All in all, how many miles do you have on the DP? I'm not interested in buying, but just trying to get the needed info out there for the holiday shoppers. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2:43AM View Post
    How about a picture of YOUR Prodrive downpipe? And exhaust is a wear-and-tear item. If it wasn't, then why would people need to replace them after they rust out, brackets break or the cats fail?

All in all, how many miles do you have on the DP? I'm not interested in buying, but just trying to get the needed info out there for the holiday shoppers. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
    Not sure where you are, but there's no rust because we don't salt the roads here. Nothing is broken...It's a piece of stainless steel. The cat works fine. P0420 is hit or miss depending on weather and gas.

Downpipe is on the car so I don't have a picture yet of mine. Mileage - I don't know, that why I said it's been on there for years.

Your post is typed in a manner that would suggest I am being dishonest about this piece. I don't appreciate that one bit. I have been involved in the community for 6-7 years now and am not dishonest.

Not saying that you are dishonest. Sorry for coming off that way.

However, an educated buyer is a happy buyer. You never know what you're going to get when you buy used parts. I've learned that from my own recent experience buying a gutted OEM uppipe. What appeared to be a perfect part turned out to be complete junk (severe leak in the flex connection).

Therefore pics and accurate information is essential, no matter who the seller is...you, me, them, everybody...

Therefore, this is an "erase-the-slate" bump for you!!!

Thanks. My fault sometimes is that I think that people know who I am since I've been around a while. I realize this is not always the case now....especially with people that are new to the community. Thanks again.

Question prodrive midpipe

is it sold too? or is it still for sell?..if u still have it plx email me or txt/call netime 478-447-3037-brook thx