FS: 2 turbos

This is a discussion on FS: 2 turbos within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I have a brand new VF43 and VF48 for sale. They are both brand new in box and have never ...

FS: 2 turbos

I have a brand new VF43 and VF48 for sale. They are both brand new in box and have never been installed on a car. I'm asking $650 shipped each. Please PM me with all interests. Thanks guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what is the difference between these two turbos? and the difference between them and the vf39? thanks

They are pretty much the same thing. The 48 is standard on the '08 STi and the 43 is standard to the '07. The only difference that people seem to be noticing is that the oil lines are bolted differently. Although, it seems on average, people are putting down SLIGHTLY better numbers on the 48. Nobody seems to really think one is better than another. Just the same as the VF43 versus the VF39. Pretty much the same thing. For a while people said the 43 had a bigger hotside but it seems that was found not true.

i got an 03 rex, you think i would be better off with a 39 or 43? ive been aiming for 39 for a while but once the 43 came out i didn't know... i dont know too much about all the new numbers

Like I said, the differences can't be noticed visually. I am also a member on NASIOC and there have been several comparison threads between the 39 and the 43. My recollection is that all of the people came to the conclusion that they are pretty much the same thing. I don't think I or anyone else could say that one is better than the other. The 43 may be less prone to the wastegate crack but don't quote me on that. Maybe search that tid bit a little. Keep in mind, the 43 was standard to the '07 which truly had the same HP rating as the VF39 sti's. The reason there was a rating difference is they switched over to a new standard of rating power. Thanks!

I have the gaskets for these as well. $600 each takes it.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_chaos View Post
    i got an 03 rex, you think i would be better off with a 39 or 43? ive been aiming for 39 for a while but once the 43 came out i didn't know... i dont know too much about all the new numbers
    The biggest difference you will find is the 43 has a better wastegate housing. The VF39's was prone to cracking.
    VF34'd Corvette Killer
    Bugeye Mafia Member #188

Quote Originally Posted by 03CrazyTaxi View Post
    The biggest difference you will find is the 43 has a better wastegate housing. The VF39's was prone to cracking.
    I don't know if I would quite say that. See below.

VF39 and VF43 directly compared! - NASIOC

Quote Originally Posted by TRaj2327 View Post
    I have the gaskets for these as well. $600 each takes it.
    Pm'd you.