FS WI 2008/09 IPOD Adaptor for OEM radio

This is a discussion on FS WI 2008/09 IPOD Adaptor for OEM radio within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; SOLD For Sale is a IPOD adaptor kit for a 2008/09 WRX, it comes out of a 2009 WRX where ...

FS WI 2008/09 IPOD Adaptor for OEM radio

SOLD

For Sale is a IPOD adaptor kit for a 2008/09 WRX, it comes out of a 2009 WRX where I swapped out the radio after two week of owning the car, so I no longer need the adaptor. It comes with all you need to connect it to a WRX, not sure if it fits the regular impreza's, but should fit the wrx or STI without a problem.

Asking 90+Shipping

Last edited by Spincycle; 10-20-2008 at 09:58 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do you still have the radio too? Would you be interested in selling them both together?

04 WRX

94 Integra GSR STOLEN 3/12/08
    RECOVERED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 04 WRX View Post
    Do you still have the radio too? Would you be interested in selling them both together?
    I might do that, but keep in mind that the stock radio is about an inch or so wider then the standard Double DIN radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Spincycle View Post
    I might do that, but keep in mind that the stock radio is about an inch or so wider then the standard Double DIN radio.
    Damn yea your right i remember reading that, nevermind then.

04 WRX

94 Integra GSR STOLEN 3/12/08
    RECOVERED!!!

Yeah, that was one of Subaru's worst interior changes, I pretty much love the rest, but why go nonstandard for the Radio? Makes no sense at all, A REALLY stupid move IMO.

What does it take to install the ipod adapter yourself? If there is not much to it, and doesn't seem likely to void any warranties, I would be very interested in buying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yabba View Post
    What does it take to install the ipod adapter yourself? If there is not much to it, and doesn't seem likely to void any warranties, I would be very interested in buying that.
    Being it is a Subaru part it shouldn't void any warranty. You need to remove the radio, so you can plug the harness into the back of the radio, then the box portion goes directly over the radio, I would say the hardest part is running the wire to the console, if that is where you want to run it, that requires removing 3 screws that hold down the center console, and then removing the plastic surrounding the shifter, I'd say less then 45 minutes for sure, even if you are a total newbie to installing radios, probably 30 minutes or less if you have installed radios before.