Winter tires
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Winter tires within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Looking for some winter wheels/tires and / or suggestions on what kind I should be looking and what people have ...

Winter tires

Looking for some winter wheels/tires and / or suggestions on what kind I should be looking and what people have had good experiences with in the winter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    My driveway is long, uphill, and is a sheet of ice all season (we put down 400lbs salt per application for reference).

I had to consider the Brembos, so I picked up a set of ASA JH3 wheels and Blizzak REVO1 tires for $1000 new.

My family ran Blizzaks for nearly a decade, and have recently begun running Nokian Hakkapeliittas. The only downside to Blizzaks is that I need to replace them biannually, because the last part of the tread is awful.

Dunlop Wintersports are pretty good as well.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

the yokohama iceguards are great bang for the buck, they are comparable to the blizzacks and cheaper.
    2006 Aspen White WRX STI (320whp/390wtq - Molested by Drunkmann Tuning)

Just got some Michelin Xice Xi2's and they rival any Blizzaks I've ever used. I'm hoping they last a bit longer.
    Indy Racing League - The answer to a question nobody asked.

The one set of snow tires I owned were blizzaks and they were fantastic. However that was a couple of years back so there might be something better out now as other have suggested.

You're in CT? With a capable AWD car a set of all seasons would serve you very well in the winter and last a heck of a lot longer than snow tires would.
    '05 silver WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #28
    Raammat Soundproof Thread
    The Octane Thread

firestone winterforce, amazing tires, i have them on mine, and have had 4 other subarus buy them this year alone after driving in my car. check them out!

Firestone Winterforce
    member of teh sex... i mean bugeye mafia (#92)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.