WTB: AZ - 04 WRX steering wheel
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WTB: AZ - 04 WRX steering wheel within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; if anyone has one in good condition, hit me up with a price...

WTB: AZ - 04 WRX steering wheel

if anyone has one in good condition, hit me up with a price

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by taerron View Post
    if anyone has one in good condition, hit me up with a price
    Just out of curiousity, why do you need a new steering wheel. The reason I ask is that mine has some weird peeling issue, where the top leather is pulling away from the side a little bit. Is yours like that?

that is exactly why, but i may have found a cheaper solution. i bought a wheel cover and it looks half way ok and it was way cheaper than buying a new steering wheel

Quote Originally Posted by taerron View Post
    that is exactly why, but i may have found a cheaper solution. i bought a wheel cover and it looks half way ok and it was way cheaper than buying a new steering wheel
    Glad I am not the only one having this issue. How bad is your steering wheel peeling problem. I'm thinking about starting a thread with mine. You can chime in and post a pic too!

It's almost as if the rubber tore away from the wheel underneath. Too bad there was never a TSB out on it. I'd be too afraid of replacing the steering wheel though...I'd worry I'd mess with the airbag and either it blows up in my face or fails to go off in a life-threatening accident!

I already put on a wheel cover to cover it up. it turned out better than i thought. I'll take a pic here in a bit so you can see it

not the best sewing job on my part, but you get the point

Yeah, looks good. Great job! Is it pretty tight on there so it doesn't slip? How's the feel of it and the grip?

its super tight and doesn't twist at all. the grip feels really good. turns out to be a great/cheap alternative to a new wheel

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.