Wrecked STi.Go for it or not?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrecked STi.Go for it or not? within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; This guy has a wrecked STi he bought from an auction and plans to sell it at his dealership.He told ...

Wrecked STi.Go for it or not?

This guy has a wrecked STi he bought from an auction and plans to sell it at his dealership.He told me he'd let it go for 9g's as is or 15g's fixed up. I'm trying to sell my car that has been in a accident before and it's been nothing but trouble but tell me what you guys think from the pics. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-002.jpg   MVC-005.jpg   MVC-007.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Even if it's wrecked, prefer to buy a stock car. This one has unauthorized parts. Buy a stock one.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i think its too much work and the front end is pretty bad seeing as there was a fmic with no crash bar it got raped.

just looks like too many headaches but hell 9 grand if the engine and tranny are all good it might be worth it in the end
    2004 WRB WRX Stage2+ << SOLD
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

I mean I like STi's more then wrx's, who doesnt, but i dont think i'll find another STi that tops this deal but eh,i've already delt with a crashed car so i might as well go with a normal wrx even if i'd love to get a STi,not in my budget, way i see things is i can't get something over 18g's

Quote Originally Posted by apex32 View Post
    just looks like too many headaches but hell 9 grand if the engine and tranny are all good it might be worth it in the end
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

This could make for a fun project. If you've got the time, money, garage space, and skill.
    9K for a complete STi Drive train isn't bad. Does it run?

yeah he told me drives fine.i only have 5 g's for downpayment which is why i wasn't lookin in to fixing it myself, more of a hassle imo.Basically, do you think it's worth financing or is the car even worth 15g's fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Milano_si View Post
    I'm trying to sell my car that has been in a accident before and it's been nothing but trouble
    That pretty much sums it up right there. However, I will say that there are exceptions and based on the photos this car looks like it didn't sustain any serious damage. The front wheels/alignment looks fine which is a very big deal. The rear damage is just sheet metal. The only thing that worries me is the FMIC. If the car was modded properly, that means it has an upgraded turbo which means the engine and turbo condition is questionable. If it doesn't have an upgraded turbo, then it wasn't modded properly which brings up a whole host of other issues. How many miles are on the car? $15k is too high a price regardless of mileage but $1-2k under that might be an ok deal if they return it to stock.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

told me it has 60k on it.Ill show you pics of it once he gets it fixed.do you think dealerships just slap **** on it just to make it look pretty or do you think they actually take **** into consideration.one thing i was wondering if they could give me or extend the warranty since it's been in a accident, but unless the front isn't fixed properly i'm not getting it.

More than likely they will not give you a warrantee, and depending on your state, you may never be able to sell the car again. The car will have a salvage title if it was a "total loss" and that will affect your registration and rights of sale.

I'd heavily research all of the other complications as well and mechanical for the car...
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    - Winston Churchill

Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler.

I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.
    - W.C. Fields

bring it to san diego, il fix it for 3,000$ thats an easy fix, the frame does not look bent
    Car: 05 STI (soon), current 95 maxima
    Phone: Nokia n95

Dang son! if i had the $$$ for that right now I would hit it! Now i have a lot of auto body experience, so this is all easy fix stuff for me!

Car aint bad at all and a Salvage title isnt really anything to worry about! at least in CA!
    I want Boost!
    Quote Originally Posted by adam3482p
    If I had a Mustang, I'd sell it and buy some Waffles.
    Want to play with my Wankel?

Arrow hey

I am in need of a center transfer case badly please pm me witha price for just the transfer case

Quote Originally Posted by luke31516 View Post
    I am in need of a center transfer case badly please pm me witha price for just the transfer case
    This thread is more than 2 years old, Milano_si wasn't talking about parting out the car, and Milano_si hasn't logged in to this site in more than 2 years.

sti hood scoop

if you are looking to part it out ...how much for hood scoop.. email me subaru606@gmail.com thnx
    Last edited by subaru606; 11-23-2010 at 07:46 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast