Wanted in PA- catted DP
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Wanted in PA- catted DP within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Im looking for a catted downpipe for my 07 WRX to mate up with my HKS exhaust.. Thanx...

Registered User Americanrebel20's Avatar

Wanted in PA- catted DP

Im looking for a catted downpipe for my 07 WRX to mate up with my HKS exhaust.. Thanx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

every brand will be fine. avoid HKS because its not a bell mouth. if you have the money or the desire for a external wastegate you'll wan't to plan ahead and get a divorced bellmouth. really anything will work just fine.

assuming your HKS is a 3" flat 2 hole gasket, i would not go with cobb as they are meant to mate up with the stock catback which is < 3". Search a little though, it may be fine.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06PearlWRX
    avoid HKS because its not a bell mouth. if you have the money or the desire for a external wastegate you'll wan't to plan ahead and get a divorced bellmouth. really anything will work just fine.
    A divorced bellmouth would be a waste

This is an instance where you buy the HKS, because it's inexpensive, and the flat-plate design doesn't hold any power back (since it no longer blocks the wastegate)

Though, since he'd be looking at a catted DP to go with the EWG, your best bet would be something like the Helix or Buschur Racing
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Registered User Americanrebel20's Avatar

catted dp

Im only looking at getting a catted DP because if I recall correctly, I remember people having problems with the 06/07 wrx's with overboosting with the non-catted dp's. If this is not correct please tell me..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Americanrebel20 View Post
    Im only looking at getting a catted DP because if I recall correctly, I remember people having problems with the 06/07 wrx's with overboosting with the non-catted dp's. If this is not correct please tell me..lol
    the 06/07 wrx's got whats called boost creep. a catted dp is a way to prevent this from happening. I have an invidia catted dp that I would consider selling if your interested. (send PM if your interested)
    Blob-Eye Syndicate #121 MY04 Stage 1 WRB STi
    Dirty Crew #89 like it dirty? Dirty Thread!
    "0-60 Faster Than Your First Sexual Experience!"
    Gettin Sideways At El Mirage
    The Best Video YouTube's Ever Seen!
    Courtesy of SomeGuy 217 Productions

Invidia DP

PM sent.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.