Thinking about buying a High Mileage Rex - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Thinking about buying a High Mileage Rex within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by ALT+F4 My 2 current cars probally have well over 300k on them each. (70's VW's). I also ...

Quote Originally Posted by ALT+F4 View Post
    My 2 current cars probally have well over 300k on them each. (70's VW's).

I also am a firm believer that just because a car has high miles doesn't mean it needs to be abandoned. that is happening to way too many cars today.

Once i get the thing in the air i will really know what state its in.
    im in the same boat as you ive had high milage daily drivers before (toyota's and honda's) and am picking up a 04 wrx w. 115k on it tomarrow. a bit of rebuilding and itll b great. though i had it checked out and it runs like a CHAMP!. highway millage and driven by one owner, a 50 year old man lol so it was babied. im payin 9500 from a dealership though after gettin it the price dropped a bit.

but best of luck to ya.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

+1 on Just becuase its high mileage its a POS. But i do agree with 2:43 Am to some extent.. When I purchased my first Wrex @ 150k Miles.. 1st week of owning the car and the Cam seal starts to leak.. Seals and Timing Chain had to be replaced ended up with a 900 dollar bill. Then I had another leak from.. Did a compression test, which failed. Ended up having worn seals.. 600 dollar bill.. Maybe the owner before me dogged on it a shiit load. Whatever the case.. I thought my car was POS at first. But got it fixed. Besides when shiit breakes, doesn't mean its a POS..

I Support ClubWRX

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ALT+F4 View Post
    I have my eye on a MY02 WRB sedan, has 185K on the Odo.
    Did all the ground level check, and all seems good. they did wash and put that stupid shiny armorall like crap all over the engine bay.

Has no signs of after market parts and no tell tale abuse signs.

My concern is when driving in the lower gears when the clutch is released it will feel a lil juddery. cant feel anything in the pedal...and the pedal feels very good!

It also doesnt come onto boost as hard as other WRX ive driven. I don't hear any hissing or boost leak sounds. Battery is OEM Subaru, but has had aftermarket Stereo hooked up, and the pos plastic cover was pulled back...codes reset?

I have alot of mechanical experience prof and Hobby, so i will check as mush out as i can will need to find a OBD2 reader, and get it on my lift.

Should i look further into it or search for soemthign better?

Price is $7,998 and its been on the lot for a bit so i bet i could maybe do $7k even.

VIN is JF1GD29692G525323

Thanks all!
    My car 140000 miles if you want to buy it. 03 WRX HAtch.
    No matter how smart you are, there is always someone better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12