02 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 02 wrx within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Well i think im finally buying a wrx after all this time. i found a good deal on one, and ...

02 wrx

Well i think im finally buying a wrx after all this time. i found a good deal on one, and he builds subarus as a living. he said if i ever have problems with it then he will fix it for me. And he graduated where i go to college, and will be close to me. everything just kind of works out.

its an aspen white 02 with 65k on the chassis, 15k on the 2004 motor, and 34k on the 2005 transmission. it was his daily driver wrx with no mods, except for an spt exhaust and the factory gauges. he is putting on a new fender and painting it, a new hood and painting it, a new mirror because one is cracked, and painting the front bumper. nothing is too bad, just a few door dings and nicks but he can do it for a little cheaper. and the hood is carbon fiber that visually doesnt look great so he is getting me a stock one. all for 11800. what do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Has a newer motor, newer tranny, and you seem to know and trust the guy so I think it is a good deal
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    why'd he get a new motor and tranny?

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    The car had motor failure at 50,000 mi and gearbox failure at 31,000 miles. Both failures on a stock car are rare, and both are covered under warranty by the manufacturer.

What exactly is your question again?...
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post

What exactly is your question again?...
    i was just asking out of curiosity. not too often you see upgraded trannys and motors for no reason.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    i was just asking out of curiosity. not too often you see upgraded trannys and motors for no reason.
    Oops, sorry; we posted simultaneously. My post is directed to the OP, it's not a response to your post.

OP: To be blunt -- why were the motor and gearbox replaced, by whom, and where are the receipts? A stock car would have the work done for zero coin by any dealer nearby. A modified car would not.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like its been beat pretty good, I'd offer $9500.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Oops, sorry; we posted simultaneously. My post is directed to the OP, it's not a response to your post.

OP: To be blunt -- why were the motor and gearbox replaced, by whom, and where are the receipts? A stock car would have the work done for zero coin by any dealer nearby. A modified car would not.
    when he bought the car, there was a jdm motor in it. he said he returned it to a stock 04 motor with 15k miles on it, and replaced the transmission in it with a stick 05 with 34k miles because the person probably beat on it. i trust him because he builds subarus as a living and graduated wvu with a mecahnical engineering degree. he has a website with a wrx that hes put about 40k into. i will post it once i find it. he sent it to me earlier but i may have deleted the email. there was no motor failure or anything, he wanted it as a daily driver. there were not mods on it when he bought it, so he says anyway, just the motor. i have already met him in person and his girlfriend, and he seems like a really great guy. its a good deal to me because he is fixing pretty much everything cosmetically, and he will be close if i ever have problems. i was a little skeptic about that stuff at first too but after have meeting him and talking to him, i think it seems like a pretty good deal.

And even if it was beat on previously...

new motor
    new transmission
    new springs and shocks i believe ( i think he put coilovers on it actually from another one of his cars)
    new drilled and slotted rotors
    new hood, fender, re-sprayed bumber
    spt exhaust

i just think its a good deal, but you guys know more then me...

I Support ClubWRX
    Well lemme let you in on a little secret.... a "good deal" is any deal that you "feel good about and are happy with" regardless of price and product. And regardless of blue books and nada guides, a car/house/boat/tree/diaper is only worth as much as a buyer is willing to pay and a seller is willing to let it go for.

Just as one mans trash is another mans treasure, one mans good deal is another's rip off.

Thus if it is worth $11000 to you, and you "feel like you are getting a good deal" (aka happy), then buy it.

My idea of "good deal" just differs from yours.

Good luck regardless and welcome to the club
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Well lemme let you in on a little secret.... a "good deal" is any deal that you "feel good about and are happy with" regardless of price and product. And regardless of blue books and nada guides, a car/house/boat/tree/diaper is only worth as much as a buyer is willing to pay and a seller is willing to let it go for.

Just as one mans trash is another mans treasure, one mans good deal is another's rip off.

Thus if it is worth $11000 to you, and you "feel like you are getting a good deal" (aka happy), then buy it.

My idea of "good deal" just differs from yours.

Good luck regardless and welcome to the club
    i completely agree with you. i cant find anything else around here. people sell their 02's with 87k miles on it for 13k. its hard to find low mileage ones, and with the addition of a potentially lifetime warranty (not literally, but he will help me out with anything i ever need no matter what it is) it makes it worth it to me. thanks for the input though. if i do end up buying it, i will post some pictures, and expect to see me around here more often

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JLude7 View Post
    when he bought the car, there was a jdm motor in it.
    I'd walk away.

i trust him because he builds subarus as a living and graduated wvu with a mecahnical engineering degree.
    I may be thinking of another person, but do you know if he's familiar with this forum? Well familiar?

i just think its a good deal, but you guys know more then me...
    A "deal" isn't quantifiable. If it's a deal to you, it's a deal to you. My opinion varies but it's not my money.

I'd walk away.

I may be thinking of another person, but do you know if he's familiar with this forum? Well familiar?

A "deal" isn't quantifiable. If it's a deal to you, it's a deal to you. My opinion varies but it's not my money.

im not sure if he knows this forum but im sure he would have said something to me but idk.

i like the car so im going to most likely take it unless someone else offers him more. there is still only 65k on the chassis and with 15k on the motor it just seems worth it

hey man do a carfax then bring it to a certified Subie shop to have a 2nd opinion. Put it on his dime since he wants to sell it. Better be safe than sorry.
    04 Blobeye wagon
    AFE Filter, ebay catback.
    03 RR Evo sold

Quote Originally Posted by 1trackmind View Post
    hey man do a carfax then bring it to a certified Subie shop to have a 2nd opinion. Put it on his dime since he wants to sell it. Better be safe than sorry.
    ive already done a carfax and its clean, but thanks for the advice. if i buy it, i will definitely try to take it to a certified subie shop

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.